My new Character Creation questions

• alexyak
  • Thank Yous: 0
14 Nov 2012 17:55 - 14 Nov 2012 18:39 #1 by alexyak (ayakaiti)
My new Character Creation questions was created by alexyak (ayakaiti)
Hello all! I intend on attending the event in January. To get to the point I have a couple questions about what I can do with my characters back-story:

I intend on making a Barbarian (not sure about the profession: Warrior, Ranger, or Beserker). I made up a tribe that he hails from, the Kursi. They live on The Rift, occupying the south east side of the reaches of the northern tribes. Anyway, I'm asking if its ok that I made my own tribe and simultaneously asking for information about the barbarian tribes and settlements that could help my character creation.

Secondly- None of the deities really speak to me at the moment. I would like my character to follow a god of thunder or a pagan pantheon that reveres nature, woods, oak trees, etc. (Barbarians get Lore: Forrest so it should be fitting) I know there is a life Goddess , so maybe I can be enticed by her...as long as she has a very woodsie theme to her.

Thanks any info will be put to good use!
Last edit: 14 Nov 2012 18:39 by alexyak (ayakaiti).
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
14 Nov 2012 18:10 #2 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic My new Character Creation questions
To answer the second question about gods and goddesses--you don't have to follow one per-say. It just means you aren't baptized and no one will fault you for that. There is no specific god of thunder or whatnot, but if you want to do the whole "revere nature" thing, you would consider Arawyn--the world--a deity almost. Many of my friends who play druids "respect" a certain god, but they revere or follow Arawyn and protecting it. Most of the gods and goddesses of our world like Thor and whatnot do not exist in this setting so it would be breaking immersion to try to say things like "I am a follower of Odin" because most characters would look at you and go "who is Odin?" with a blank look.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexyak (ayakaiti)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
14 Nov 2012 18:13 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic My new Character Creation questions
I'll leave it up to a Rules Marshal or a Role Play Marshal for the tribes question.

However, as far as the barbarian tribes go, some of what you seek(roleplay wise) is in the description of the race. On the tribe side of things I'll leave that to a barbarian or a type of marshal I stated above.

As for the second question/statement leave that to in game if you want.......My character didn't follow a god until my 3rd event, leave the one you want to go with for roleplay.

Welcome to Knight Realms by the way. Name's Conor and I'm a New Player Marshal.....I help with new player cards and writing character's. Any thoughts or other questions either post them here or on the appropriate board and myself or the other players be glad to help.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexyak (ayakaiti)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
15 Nov 2012 11:03 #4 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic My new Character Creation questions
A person to contact about the barbarian tribe thing might be our Atmosphere Officer--MaryBeth. Her username is Casandra if I remember correctly. She would be able to help you with any questions about the world and could help make sure anything you want to have for your character fits in this world. Usually backstories have to be cleared through her anyway so it doesn't hurt to ask questions.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casandra (Casandra), alexyak (ayakaiti)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds