Paying to NPC

• Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
18 Nov 2012 17:46 #1 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Paying to NPC was created by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Hello again. I'm planning on NPCing a weekend or two before I actually create my PC. That way I can get a feel for the game, and also accrue some extra build to initially invest in my PC. I realize that NPCing is free, however I was wondering if I could pay full price even though I'm NPCing to get both the NPC build, and the PC build. Is this something that is possible to do if I don't yet have a character created? Also I had a question regarding the Strength +1 skill. How do you actually learn that skill in game? Do I have to find someone to teach me that skill, and then wait til the next weekend to use it? How do you Role play learning it? Thanks!
-Jeremiah

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
18 Nov 2012 18:34 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Paying to NPC
Ok i may not be a marshal however I can help slightly. When it comes to learning strength it depends on who teaches you. Some people may make you do cardio with a lot of armor on, others might make a short person get on your back and you run around with them there. It all depends on who is teaching you how to be stronger. After learning it you need to "practice" what you learned and get better at it. Have fun :P

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
18 Nov 2012 18:35 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Paying to NPC
Welcome!

Yes you may pay to PC and NPC instead and you will get credit for both.

To learn a skill you role-play the learning out at an event with a teacher, and then at the following event you will have gained the use of that skill.

- James ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
19 Nov 2012 12:12 #4 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Paying to NPC
Thank you for the answers. One other question I had was regarding character levels. it says in the manual that for every 10 build you earn, your character will advance to the next level. does this only count for build that is earned after a character is created, or say if I NPC for a while and save up 30 build, and then create a character does that character enter the game as a level 3. I'm assuming that it is the latter, but I wasn't sure. Thanks again.
-Jeremiah

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
19 Nov 2012 12:15 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Paying to NPC
Basically, for your level it is your TOTAL build (spent and unspent) divided by ten rounded down.......so the latter is correct.....you can start making a character with a total of up to 13 build (if you have the extra to spend) and you come IG as a level 1.......Or if you NPC for a while and THEN create your character.....say you have 30 build to spend......you would be a level 3 with only 13 build worth of skills.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
19 Nov 2012 17:10 #6 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic Paying to NPC
Jeremiah... you are wise to bank up a bunch of build so you come into the game a higher level. I have attended 5 events now and have paid to NPC the whole way!

Not only does your character come into the game stronger but you have a far better understanding of the game mechanics, combat style, AND the social aspects of the game!

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaT Adams (katadams), Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds