Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*

• Albert
  • Just a healer.
  • Thank Yous: 88
08 Dec 2012 20:47 #1 by Albert (deatharcana)
Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions* was created by Albert (deatharcana)
So, this is somewhat delayed but I feel that now is a good time as any to introduce myself. This is going to be rather long, so I apologize in advance.

Hello everyone! I am new to these parts and hope that I can become known in this amazing community! I play a Coast Havener named Albert Augustine Aegeus, a somewhat theatrical, yet surprisingly cynical Healer with a massive sweet tooth. You’ll know who he is when you see the guy walking around handing out candy (usually lollipops).

It’s a bit nerving having the responsibilities to aid others as they role-play screaming in pain, but in due time I think I’ll get used to it and know how to handle those situations. Despite that, it has been a blast even providing small contributions so I’m excited for the events to come.

I’m not sure which direction I will go in the future though. I was thinking entering the Physician and Priest professions for support, but I find myself interested in getting a weapon to keep myself safe. I know it says that healers feel the pain of others, so how would one go about learning how to deal with that? Are there many Healers who fight in game? Do you have to go through a special ordeal or trial, or can you just incorporate this aspect in a background? As vague as the information I have is, if any other Healers could share their experiences on how they progressed or any tips on what to avoid I would appreciate it.

I also have no clue which land to vassal in, but that will be something I have to explore on my own.

With that said, here is a list of some interesting facts about me:

1. I found this place through friends: Yep, my friend Gina (Arden) and Christine (Mirwen) told me about KR and giving in, I finally decided to join. So if there is someone you would like to thank, or beat up (your choice) then it’s thanks to them that I can be a part of this community. Not the most important fact of information, but I thought it would be nice to share.

2. Albert is my second character: My first event back in October I decided to play a Kormyrian Wild Mage named Rhys. You could more or less say that my first character was sort of a test run. I lost interest in playing him after I found how frustrating it was to be at the mercy of the game when it came to choosing spells, and also how simple it was to cure amnesia (which killed my backstory). So after much thought I decided to change my character into the healer I hope you will all know very well.

3. I used have bias thoughts regarding LARP: Yes, I know. It sounds crazy, but I can assure you that I have changed my views. After hearing others talk of Knight Realms, and attending the event in October, I can safely say that wow, my mind was blown away! The battles were so intense and realistic that I often found myself staring in awe. And all the well designed costumes and unique people, I was just amazed. Needless to say, I obviously don’t feel the same way as I did before, and I do feel a bit silly for thinking in such a way (actually I feel a whole lot of silly).

4. I tend to speak what is on my mind: Banana.

5. I am a sassy black woman trapped in a white boy’s body: Or so people say. *sassy finger snap*

6. This is the first time I've been happy in a while: Seriously. Emotionally, I have not been as well as I should be. The people I've associated with for years have not had a positive effect on my self-esteem. They've made me feel useless and unworthy of happiness because of their bitterness toward others. I can’t count how many times I've missed felt jealous toward others and lost out on experiences. But going to KR… I've had more fun with strangers than those I've known for years. An awkward thing to admit, but I’m grateful I could partake in this wonderful experience. I don’t mean to get all melodramatic and sappy, but I want to thank you all so much, even the people that I did not get the chance to chat with. I really appreciate it and I hope in the future I can influence all of you in a positive manner as well.

Well that, as they say, is that. A bit long for an introduction, so I apologize for the wall of text. Hope we can get acquainted with one another! Thank you!

~Albert
OOG: Daniel B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casandra (Casandra), Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
08 Dec 2012 22:26 #2 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Hello Dan! Your the bomb! :D and I shall spam you later <3

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
08 Dec 2012 23:35 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Hey whats up? Probably met you in October.

Cool you're coming back, with a new character in mind, and like before. Any questions, or anything, post here or shoot me a PM. I'll see if I can help you out.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
09 Dec 2012 11:33 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Its great to have you here!!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
09 Dec 2012 17:23 #5 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Glad to see your having such a good time at KR. Things only get better from the begining my friend and I look forward to having some more fun rp with you in the future.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
09 Dec 2012 17:40 #6 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Hey Dan,

I noticed you had a number of Healer-Related Questions. A lot of these are up to the player to ultimately decide, however if you would like to speak on the more class-specific lore and history of the class, I would be happy to talk with you about it. Please shoot me a PM about it though, as it isn't information just anybody would know, mostly only a Healer.

This goes for anybody else as well, if you are playing a Healer and looking for good RP tips or different styles of play for your character, this is one of the classes I am most familiar with as I play one myself. Please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and ask me!

Thanks, and I am glad to see you coming to KR!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
10 Dec 2012 09:15 #7 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Hey Dan! I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed coming to Knight Realms. Your post really touched on something very important to me. Knight Realms is a wonderful community, and over the years I've made some amazing friends here. I hope you will do the same!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
10 Dec 2012 15:54 #8 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Salutations! *Introduction + Minor Questions*
Hello! Welcome! I'm so glad people convinced you to step outside your comfort zone and experience something new - I was hesitant about LARP before, too...thought it seemed a little out there and perhaps somewhat daft, but KR and the people involved with other amazing LARPs in the area have helped me learn otherwise.

As a note, a way to really have fun with your roleplay involves really diving into the racials - not just the skills, but the habits. For example, you mentioned 'handing out candy' - Coast Haveners have a racial requirement that they simply cannot give anything away. They must always receive something that they deem to be of equivalent (or better) value, in return.

Per the rulebook: "A Coast Havener cannot freely share or give away anything that belongs to her. To bestow something upon another, she must be able to rationalize a direct compensation that she has received from the person – such as having saved her life – or expects to receive in the future – such as giving her a share of some future treasure find. This compensation can be vague, but it must be concrete and she must believe that hers is the better end of the bargain. For example, the Coast Havener may insist that the person ‘owes her one’ without immediately naming what that marker is – as long as she keeps accurate count of each such marker and seeks to make the marker be of greater value than what she gave."

My alt is a coast havener, and I have a blast with this - last month, my boyfriend (also coast haven) and I had a lively conversation with the Seneschal himself over what was an appropriate price for S'mores, and we were encouraged to stand our ground and not barter, even talking other players into buying S'mores for their friends instead of offering a discount. Later on, I had a bowl of crackers in the Mage's Guild and offered them around - and then asked everyone what I was getting in return, unless they'd already in some way 'earned' it.

Have fun with it, remember to be safe, and welcome!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.551 seconds