Death, Sleep, and Dress-up.

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
08 Jan 2013 22:27 #1 by Goggs (coryan)
Death, Sleep, and Dress-up. was created by Goggs (coryan)
As I understand is the vogue for new players, I intend on NPCing my first event (so you may look forward to killing me very soon.) I gather that this means NPCing for all available NPC slots over the weekend, which are described in the rulebook as being the following:

Friday:
10pm to 2am
2am to 6am
Saturday:
Saturday AM Break – Logistics Closed
10am to 2pm
2pm to 6pm
Feast Break – Logistics Closed
8pm to 12am
12am to 4am
Sunday:
Sunday night Break – Logistics Closed
9am till Closing

If my calculations are correct, this gives us the hours of 6-10 am to sleep on Friday night, and 4-9am on Saturday night. Are these the only times during which NPCs are allowed to sleep? Is the Feast Break set aside for napping? (or are NPCs allowed to attend the feast?) Additionally, do we get tea breaks between shifts?

I have also come to understand that NPCs are required to play quite a number of different roles over a weekend, which sounds like a lot of fun. Is there any way to determine ahead of time which characters one might expect to play, for the purposes of finding and packing costuming? I for one happen to be a person who owns a lot of costume items, and feel that the experience of killing me might be significantly improved if I was wearing something appropriate for the particular villain I'd been tasked to play.

Thankyou very much for your insight.

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
08 Jan 2013 23:55 #2 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Death, Sleep, and Dress-up.
Full Time NPCs are allowed to leave shift to eat so long as they return in a timely manner, this includes getting something hot to drink. Most of the time they are released from duty around 2am if they want to leave so they can be well rested for the following shift. NPCs are allowed to tend feast. As for costuming we have a vast array of clothing in Logistics, so anything you want to bring of your own personal is totally up to you.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
09 Jan 2013 06:45 #3 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Re: Death, Sleep, and Dress-up.
If you are going to be NPCing the full weekend, it is usually a good idea to wear basic black with out any designs on it as your outer layer. This allows you to add accessories like tunics and robes and have them become the focus of your outfit. Please dress warm and wear gloves and a hat!
If you feel you are exceptionally tired, particularly after 1 or 2am Friday or AFTER main mod on Saturday night, let the MM know you are a full time NPC and you would like to head to bed. Being tired on the drive home is not a good thing!

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
09 Jan 2013 08:41 #4 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Death, Sleep, and Dress-up.
Wonderful - that's certainly cleared that up! Cheers :-)

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds