Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March

19 Feb 2013 21:40 - 19 Feb 2013 21:41 #1 by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March was created by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
Tentatively making the 12+ hour trip to New Jersey for the March event.

I hail from northern Indiana where I play in one game and run another. No questions at the moment, but trying to learn a uniquely different system is a challenge for my elder brain. I will succeed though and am excited to see what my friends have told me is one of the better LARPs in the country although we have some pretty good stuff happening in Indiana as well.

Again, Hello and can't wait to meet those who will be there in March.

IG: Eldest of the Anvilhorn Brothers & co-owner of DwarvenPaths Smithy

OOG: Jeff J
Last edit: 19 Feb 2013 21:41 by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
19 Feb 2013 22:04 #2 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
I have known Jeff since 2005 when I wore a white terry cloth robe to my first KanaraK event I was going to be a desert Dweller Anyway the rest of you know me occassionaly as Ded Dawg O'Doul and I work some around the Bar and Kitchen I make two or three KR games a year Jeff is planning to come with me to share the driving

Please welcome him

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woolsey Bysmor (Osred), Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
19 Feb 2013 22:18 #3 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
Hi! It's great to hear that you're willing to make such a trip to see what Knight Realms is all about, and we're always glad to welcome players back. I'm Christine, and I'm on the team to help out players who are new to our system. I'm sure your LARP experience gives you a unique lens in looking at how we play, and I just wanted to reach out and let you know that we're here to talk to. It's great to hear that we're spoken of highly, and I look forward to meeting you in March!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
19 Feb 2013 23:17 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
Hey. My name's Conor and like Christine I am a New Player Marshal and help out with any questions you may have. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me or any of the other New Player Marshals a private message. We'll see if we can help.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
20 Feb 2013 00:11 #5 by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig)
Replied by Kunkel Anvilhorn (Kildrig) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
Thanks Conor and Christine. Will do as I have questions.

IG: Eldest of the Anvilhorn Brothers & co-owner of DwarvenPaths Smithy

OOG: Jeff J
20 Feb 2013 08:51 #6 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
Let me help on the new player team welcome wagon and say Hi as well. My name is Sean and I too am on the new player team. Any questions, comments or concerns let me know and I will do the best to answer them.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
21 Feb 2013 18:22 #7 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
What kind of sleeping space can be accommodated for Jeff as he is coming in as a single?

I have tentative arrangements due to a medical sleep condition

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

• Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
21 Feb 2013 19:29 #8 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
I'm also a new player marshal here to welcome you. You can ask any of us any questions you may have. Being someone else that has come from another larp I can understand the difficulties of learning a whole new set of rules.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
21 Feb 2013 19:42 #9 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March

Ded Dawg O'Doul wrote: What kind of sleeping space can be accommodated for Jeff as he is coming in as a single?

It all depends when he comes. Most beds are a first come first serve basis, however I have never seen anyone turned away from a space, even if it was some floor space that they were able to be put in.

In the end though, it all depends on when you get there.

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
21 Feb 2013 20:04 #10 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Right now it looks like we will leave on Thursday late afternoon and hope to make Sparta Mid day on Friday

Ded Dawg O'Doul

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Feb 2013 20:14 #11 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
There should be plenty of bed's at that point of time, there are a few buildings/rooms that are reserved for lands/guilds etc. but there should be no problem finding a "neutral" bed that's open.

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
21 Feb 2013 20:36 #12 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
Looking forward to seeing you again Ded Dawg! Looking forward to meeting your friend!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
22 Feb 2013 00:26 #13 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Saying Hello and Hope to Meet Many of You in March
Hi Dave;
I'm glad you're making it down to be with us in march I will do my best to get your buddy bedded down in the same building as you. As usual I've made arrangements for you because of your condition.
See you there guys...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)