that one guy from Dreamation2013

• DukeWolfe
  • Thank Yous: 0
24 Feb 2013 23:17 #1 by DukeWolfe (Umbraflamma)
that one guy from Dreamation2013 was created by DukeWolfe (Umbraflamma)
I am Someone brand new to LARPing and well quite frankly im intimidated by it. However The ones i met at the table at Dreamation were more than friendly enough and even if it is just to meet people i would like to join. This of course brings up a direct issue.

I live in Mays Landing, New Jersey, out in the middle of pine trees, i cannot drive and public transportation is just too expensive and time consuming. I wanted to Know if anyone wanted to perhaps give me a lift, i would be willing to put up money for gas/food, but i would need to get help for that. All that aside, i was glad to just talk to you. if anything i may just lurk on the forums.

Oh and for those wondering who i am, im the one that wanted to make the simple farmer turned warrior adventurer who hasn't got a clue about adventuring, or well nothing but Radishes and Radish accessories.
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
24 Feb 2013 23:45 #2 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
I gotta say, I read "Radishes and Radish accessories" and Immediately thought of Luna Lovegood.

Hi, my name is Teresa, and welcome to Knight Realms! I was in your shoes just a few months ago, so I'm still very new to larping. I guarantee that you'll enjoy your first event, like I have. The New Player Marshals will help integrate you into the game, from everything from combat to character creation. I like your character idea, by the way. Sounds great for role-playing!

(OOG) Teresa Amore
  • DukeWolfe
25 Feb 2013 00:24 #3 by DukeWolfe (Umbraflamma)
Replied by DukeWolfe (Umbraflamma) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
Honestly i thought a blank slate type character would be perfect for a new player. That way i can look up the bare minimum to lore, and show actual surprise when i learn things etc. Also i hate characters that start as instant badasses. The character growth and development i could actually act out... well it brings me lots of excitement just thinking about the possibility. Also i imagine the sheer hilarity that i could cause and i love the idea of entertaining people.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
25 Feb 2013 00:36 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
Hey. Name's Conor and I'm a new player marshal. I think we were talking at Dreamation, and I can't wait to meet you IG. When you make a character I will also be around helping with Player Cards.

See you soon.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
25 Feb 2013 04:37 #5 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
I'm an old school roleplayer, but new to KR as well, I hope you'll enjoy it! My eternal advice is to really throw your finest into your NPC work-it will help you become a better and happier PC! Also, the usual warnings about clothing and light "camping" prep.

Also, I like that you seem really focused on creating an RP-focused character; combat is all well and good, but I can get that a thousand places. The RP-that's what makes or breaks a game for me and I have high hopes for bringing a PC into KR (I'm NPCing until June)! Have fun, be your character or NPC, and do what you can to get involved all the time! Make friends in and out of character, and enemies in character!

And don't tork off the Nobles. SRSLY.

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
25 Feb 2013 07:18 #6 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
Welcome aboard. Post a note in the Rides and Carpooling section of the forum to see about transportation. You may get lucky.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
25 Feb 2013 12:29 #7 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
Hello I was one the guys who are you were talking to. I can't wait to see you out there. You were talking to Christine and myself while I was cleaning up the booth. If you have any other questions or just want to know more please feel free to message me.

Thanks.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
26 Feb 2013 11:05 #8 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
Hi! It's Christine from Dreamation. It's great to see you posting here! Just like Sean and Conor, I'm here to answer any questions you have so feel free to PM us. You seemed to have a pretty good grasp of what you wanted to do when we were talking at con, but if anything's occurred to you since then, let us know. Hope to see you at game soon!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
27 Feb 2013 05:50 #9 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Re: that one guy from Dreamation2013

katadams wrote:

Awww come on, we're not that bad. . .are we?

Welcome, BTW. If I'm where I'm supposed to be at the time, you'll meet me pretty early on. If not then feel free to hunt me down. All you need to do is say 'new to town' and you will have my instant attention. Good luck with the ride. There are folks all over. Be persistent and I'm sure you'll find a way up.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
27 Feb 2013 12:28 #10 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re: that one guy from Dreamation2013

Baroness Hartwoode wrote: If I'm where I'm supposed to be at the time, you'll meet me pretty early on. If not then feel free to hunt me down.

Because you know, she sometimes isn't where someone and her have agreed upon a time and place........ :D

please we hunt you down for them :D

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
27 Feb 2013 16:10 #11 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Re: that one guy from Dreamation2013

Baroness Hartwoode wrote:

katadams wrote:

Awww come on, we're not that bad. . .are we?

Okay, the Baroness is nice.

The rest are mean. If you happen to be a Goblin, RUN. ;3

Kidding aside, the Nobles are good to be friends with, unfortunately, as an NPC I usually don't get to be :lol:

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
  • DukeWolfe
27 Feb 2013 17:48 #12 by DukeWolfe (Umbraflamma)
Replied by DukeWolfe (Umbraflamma) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
I'm really taken aback by the wonderful community here, thank you very much for the warm welcome ill do my best to find a ride. also i cant wait to learn your characters stories. the storyteller in me is getting very excited.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Feb 2013 20:03 - 27 Feb 2013 20:04 #13 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013

DukeWolfe wrote: i cant wait to learn your characters stories. the storyteller in me is getting very excited.

Gonna have to question most of us about them......or at least me.........I don't give mine away ;)

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 27 Feb 2013 20:04 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
28 Feb 2013 12:31 #14 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic that one guy from Dreamation2013
Oh, I WILL tell but it always comes at a price ;)

Anyways, I just wanted to say welcome and hope to see you at game!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.595 seconds