Coming into game at Moresca.

• Willow That Walks
  • "What's that? Who are you? What are those?"
  • Thank Yous: 34
06 Nov 2013 21:40 #1 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Coming into game at Moresca. was created by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Hello! Hope all is well. This is Chris and Angela, and we're looking at attending the Moresca Ball as our first event at KR. We've been looking for another larp to attend and our previous one we were part of for the past 8 years.

A friend introduced us to KR and we're quite excited to go. We have a lot of donations in the form of costuming and weapon(claw) props and would like to bring them with us to an event so KR could make use of them. However, I did notice the ball is being held at a location elsewhere than Sacajawea and that KR typically stores it's props and whatnot on-site.

We're traveling from Leesburg, VA and were curious if you thought it would be wise to bring the donations with us to the ball or to just wait until we attend an event at Sacajawea. I read where service points could not be utilized at the ball event as well.

We would very much appreciate your input as we are absolutely enthused to attend.

Additionally, I read that with the new game changes, people received 40(50) starting build. Is this for all starting players or only ones who had already registered at the time of the change?

Thank you very much!

-Chris Stephens & Angela Griffin

OOG: Chris Stephens
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Nov 2013 21:46 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Hey Chris and Angela.

My name is Conor and I'm a New Player Marshal. I'll be helping you with your cards when you come to the ball to create your character.

I can't speak for the donations, but to your question about the build change. You create a character using 50 build from now on....meaning all characters come into game from here on out at level 5.

As for the service points. Yes they can not be used to convert to build at the ball like they can at a standard event. This doesn't mean you can't earn them, just that they can be used for build at the ball.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
06 Nov 2013 23:05 #3 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Greetings to Chris and Angela!

Just wanted to drop you a line and say welcome to Knight Realms. I also wanted to point out that we live very near to you since we are in Sterling, VA. So lets make sure that we meet at Moresca!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Willow That Walks
06 Nov 2013 23:31 #4 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Replied by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Thank you very much for the info Conor. :) We'll hold onto the donations for now then, and bring them to the next weekend event we attend. We wanted to get the new player orientation done at Moresca because it is very unlikely we will get fridays off from work.

So in essence we will be traveling up to NJ after 9pm, probably getting there near 2am. Angela will probably want to sleep, and considering my PC is going to involve somewhat heavy makeup, I'd like to sign up for an early monster shift so that I don't have to paint up, then gear down, and paint up again. Is it possible to sign up for shifts prior to the event in regards to our inability to arrive early?

Also, at that late hour, Im wondering how we'll manage sleeping arrangements, as I believe it's not quite as simple as showing up and finding whatever cabins aren't occupied and setting up shop.

Additionally, I remember reading that your first event and subsequent events afterward you earn a decreasing amount of build per event starting at 4. Is this still true? And is there a particular place I can find the new system changes so that I may at least somewhat familiarize myself? :D

@Valentine: Awesome! I didnt realize KR had players down as far as us. We certainly will be there! Look forward to seeing you!

Thanks a ton!

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Nov 2013 23:58 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Firs, it is totally possible to do a quick New Player Training before the ball. Just talk to me or any other new player marshal and we'll help you out there. As to your other questions:

Yes it is possible to sign up for shifts if you come after check in. You would have to find James sometime during the weekend and pay him the money for the event however as the Logistics and Monster Marshals that would be in logistics can't take money.

Sleeping arrangements can be figured out both in and out of game if you wanted. You could walk into game and say to a PC. "Hey. I'm new in town and need a place to stay." Chances are that person will help you. Also there are usually a few beds empty SOMEWHERE on camp that can be offered. We'll help you find them. Alternatively, you can stay OOG and ask people if there is room where they are sleeping for a couple more.

As far as the decreasing amount. Yes it is true. This is why we say for newer players to rack up service points(SP). Every event SP is converted to build based on your current build per event....

First through Third: You get 4 Build and can convert up to 400 service points to 4 build at a rate of 100 SP to 1 Build for a total of 8
Fourth through Sixth: You get 3 Build and can convert up to 300 service points to 3 build at a rate of 100 SP to 1 Build for a total of 6
Seventh through Ninth: You get 2 Build and can convert up to 200 service points to 2 build at a rate of 100 SP to 1 Build for a total of 4
Tenth onward: You get 1 Build and can convert up to 100 service points to 1 build at a rate of 100 SP to 1 Build for a total of 2

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
07 Nov 2013 00:27 #6 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Welcome to Knight Realms Chris and Angela!

I work in Lansdowne, VA right near Leesburg. I am thrilled (made this face when i read where you are from :woohoo: ) to hear more people from our area are daring to make the trip for KR, it's totally worth it!

Like Joe (Valentine) mentioned, I want to make sure I meet you at the ball this weekend. Looking forward to it.

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
07 Nov 2013 17:21 #7 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Chris and Angela,
I'm Sean and like Conor I am a new player marshal. I will also be able to help you make a character or answer any questions. See you at the ball.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Willow That Walks
07 Nov 2013 23:51 #8 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Replied by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
*fist pump* Im so excited!!!!

• Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
08 Nov 2013 09:57 #9 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Coming into game at Moresca.
Hey Chris and Angela,

Obviously you're already in great hands, but I just wanted to chime in - I'm Rachel, another new player marshal, but I am the only NPM that I know of whose first KR experience (and LARP experience) was the ball! So if you have questions/comments/concerns, please feel free to message me.

I wanted to add one thing to all the information you've gotten - it is (sadly) not possible to sign up for a shift beforehand, BUT, there is a 2-6am shift on friday night (saturday morning), so if you were to arrive and talk to the person in logistics as you sign in, they might even have space for you during that time, then you can sleep, wake up at your leisure and get in makeup right away. You are welcome to try for any other shifts as well, if that's later than you would like.

Additionally, where sleeping is concerned, if you get there and are hunting for a bed, you can check the monastery (anyone will gladly point you toward it, and we can show you on a map at the ball), the armory, and in the barn (though it's chillier), as they often have beds reserved that get a bit of musical chairs played (or a player ends up sick/having to work/etc.)

Looking forward to meeting you! Safe travels =)

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Willow That Walks
08 Nov 2013 15:36 #10 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
Excellent! thats what I was hoping for. I might show up like, a few minutes late. Im hoping to determine our exact travel time when we come up for the ball so I can see exactly how early I can get off from work (Friday nights, I work as a manager at a restaurant...yeah) for normal weekend events. If I let the fiancee drive, we'll definitely get there at least 30 minutes faster than if I did, so it'll be a test run. Ill probably sign up for that shift, RP my brains out (or whats left of them at that hour) and then crash til like 11-ish.

Sadly due to the holidays, we probably arent going to make a full event til January, with busy work schedules and things like tenure keeping me from getting the days off I want in lieu of others who've been here a long time.

-Chris

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds