New player trying to come next weekend.

• Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
22 Nov 2013 04:24 - 22 Nov 2013 04:25 #1 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
New player trying to come next weekend. was created by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Hello, I'm looking to come to my first event next weekend. I've been interested in knight realms for about a year now, and tried to come the last three events, but work/family got in the way. I would like to NPC the weekend. My only dilemma is that my family is celebrating thanksgiving on Friday, and Im thinking I probably wouldn't be able to make it up there til after midnight. I really don't want to miss the new player training, but I'm not sure I can bear waiting until the end of January to attend my next event. Even if that means standing on the sidelines and making acquaintances. Also, can anyone tell me about how far from the Delaware water gap the campsite is?

-Jeremiah V.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 04:25 by Jorik (rjvanscoten).
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
22 Nov 2013 04:45 #2 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re:Re: New player trying to come next weekend.
Hey! I'm Rachel, one of the new player marshals. We are willing to do a late night training sometimes after lay on, if you ask ahead of time. Often this is abbreviated and less comprehensive, and the npm would need to agree beforehand and set aside their time. Luckily for npc all weekend there is slightly less learning curve because you don't have to memorize your singular character all weekend.

I will be arriving late this month (11ish) and if you are definite, i would be willing to help out. The monster marshal on duty is likely to as well. Feel free to send me a pm once you have decided.

Depending on where near the gap, the drive could be 40 min to an hour and change.

Look forward to meeting you :)

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
22 Nov 2013 06:56 - 22 Nov 2013 07:13 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Re: New player trying to come next weekend.
I look forward to meeting you!

While I am not a new player Marshal, I would say the best thing you can do if you are npc all weekend is ask questions. When they send you out as a monster or npc, don't be afraid to ask how an ability you have works before you go out. People in logistics are often hectic, but very willing to help out and make sure you know what's going on.

Also, just because someone has to say it: socks.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 07:13 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
22 Nov 2013 20:51 #4 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Re:Re: New player trying to come next weekend.
Hi I'm Sean and also a new player marshal. If you are for sure just let me or Rachel or any other new player marshal know and we can arrange something. I say that the hardest part of KR is getting to KR. Once your there we can help you do the rest. Just make sure you bring warm clothes as it will be COLD!

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Jorik
24 Nov 2013 23:47 #5 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Re:New player trying to come next weekend.
Thanks so much. Right now it is looking like I'm gonna make it. If some unforeseen circumstance should arrive I'll notify you guys via private message. I'm looking to try to arrive between 11 and midnight but may be earlier or later depending on how long it takes me to get there.
-Jeremiah V.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Vassal to Pendarvin
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
25 Nov 2013 10:33 #6 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re:Re: New player trying to come next weekend.
Jeremiah- that's the time frame I'm looking at arriving too, so I'll try to meet you at logistics (around the back of the big barn) to give you a quick intro chat. If Sean wants to meet us there too, we can make sure we cover the most important things. Don't forget to bring reeeeeaally warm stuff. Likely to snow.

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Jorik
04 Dec 2013 17:31 #7 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Re:New player trying to come next weekend.
I had an awesome time this weekend. I was actually able to get there earlier than I thought on Friday and was actually out NPCing by midnight. Hope I didn't hold anyone up. Needless to say due to the world changing events that occurred, I'm gonna have to tweak my character back story a bit to reflect the near apocalypse. Also I had a quick question regarding starting out with 50 build. Does this mean that I can purchase skills that have 5th level prerequisites, or are those prerequisites going to be increased as well? Also am I correct in assuming that I can purchase 15 build of body off the bat at character creation? If so is that advisable? My character will have one of the fighting professions so the build body ratio will be 1:3. I've got some tweaking I need to do but I want to have a good idea of what my starting skills would be before I head straight in.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Vassal to Pendarvin
  • Jorik
04 Dec 2013 17:54 #8 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
I had an awesome time this weekend. I was actually able to get there earlier than I thought on Friday and was actually out NPCing by midnight. Hope I didn't hold anyone up. Needless to say due to the world changing events that occurred, I'm gonna have to tweak my character back story a bit to reflect the near apocalypse. Also I had a quick question regarding starting out with 50 build. Does this mean that I can purchase skills that have 5th level prerequisites, or are those prerequisites going to be increased as well? Also am I correct in assuming that I can purchase 15 build of body off the bat at character creation? If so is that advisable? My character will have one of the fighting professions so the build body ratio will be 1:3. I've got some tweaking I need to do but I want to have a good idea of what my starting skills would be before I head straight in.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Vassal to Pendarvin
04 Dec 2013 17:55 #9 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic New player trying to come next weekend.
I know they changed some of the per-requisite levels in connection with the 50 starting build rule, so you may not be able to go by the rulebook for 5th level stuff. I would check with a new player marshal or rules marshal about any specific skill you want to take that currently says level 5.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
04 Dec 2013 18:22 - 04 Dec 2013 18:28 #10 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New player trying to come next weekend.
Hey I'm one of those fancy New Player Marshals Jason just mentioned.

In the basic rulebook after the changes were made recently all skills that have pre req 5th level are changed to 7th level. Also all 7th level skills are raised to 9th level.

As to the body question.... Yes. If you want to spend 15 of the 50 build you get at creation to spend on body you can. As to if it is wise that is up to the player. Some ask, do I want my character to seem physically resilient? Others, can I defend my self well enough that I don't need body? And others, Am I going to be in battle often enough where body matters?

My suggestion is ask your own questions like this. And if it comes to it, and you think yes you want to spend the 15 build into body then go for it. If you feel "nah I can get away with just putting 8 build in." Then that's cool too. Each player has a preference and it's up to them to determine the way they spend their build. Our job as New Player Marshals in helping you to make your character is how to work out the math, make suggestions and get into the game.....but ultimately this is your character so it is up to you.

Hope this helps, any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 18:28 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds