New Player Here

25 Dec 2013 20:19 #1 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
New Player Here was created by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Evening all.

I will be brief. This is not my first time coming, and much to the persuasion of a whole slew of people, I finally showed up, albeit as a NPC demon for all of last Saturday during December's Finale. I was trying to come to the Winter Solstice for either to introduce my character and/or another NPC set, but personal stuff happened and I never really got my clothing set up so there went that plan.

Anyway, I have already chosen who I want to play as, and have an actual character style in mind that I will send to the storyline director in the near future, but I may have some questions involving certain rules. For now, I have one, so please provide as much information as you (legally) can involving this.

First off, according to the listed potions that can be created by Alchemists, Physician, Assassins, Healers, etc, is that the definitive list, or are there others that can be created/discovered/exploited/etc. This is so that I can get a general idea on what to find, and what character to choose. Thank you.

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
25 Dec 2013 23:50 - 25 Dec 2013 23:58 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New Player Here
Hey don't remember if I introduced myself. Name's conor and I'm a new player marshal. Here to answer your questions and get you into game as soon as we can.

The lists that have crafting alchemy on them are only ones to craft alchemy. As far as the recipes. The only way to craft a recipe that works that isn't listed is to get the alchemist promo secret recipe. In which you speak with the director on what the recipe does, and you can create it once per event. (After obtaining the skill itself)

There are other recipes you can do further down the line if you choose to become a heroic alchemist(pioneer occultist) through flasks

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 25 Dec 2013 23:58 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 Dec 2013 00:17 - 26 Dec 2013 03:06 #3 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic New Player Here
Hi there,

As concerns deviations from the potions listed in the rulebook: here's a snippet from the Alchemy section, under Recipes:

... There are additional compounds that may occasionally be discovered in Knight Realms, but their recipes are not available to PCs.

There are also a couple of Alchemical compounds that are listed in the rulebook, whose recipes are not available to PCs. One such is the Smoke Bomb:

Smoke Bomb

These are an exotic alchemical product, the secrets of which have never been unlocked, nor is the origin of how these items makes it into the black market known. When used, a Smoke Bomb allows a character to call a hold and proceed to take 10 strides in any direction towards the closest shadow. Once reached the character must immediately expend a use of the skill Hide in Shadows. If the Smoke Bomb is used and there is no shadow within 10 strides of the character or the character does not have an available use of the skill Hide in Shadows, the Smoke Bomb is expended and the character remains in the spot where they used the Smoke Bomb. A Smoke Bomb is considered a Trinket. You must have the skill Fence on one of your lists to be able to use this Trinket.

I hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing you again.

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 26 Dec 2013 03:06 by Goggs (coryan).
26 Dec 2013 02:01 #4 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic New Player Here
Hey Jason! It's Abby!

Can't say that I'll be any help with this question, but looking forward to seeing you in game!!! :D

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
26 Dec 2013 13:16 #5 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic New Player Here
Welcome to KR! I'm May, relatively new to this game as well. We just missed each other, Black Friday weekend kept me from the December event though I was able to make the festival. We'll simply have to meet in January.

I doubt I have the authority, or even enough knowledge, to be a real help. I know that rules marshalls will give you definitive answers if you post your question on the Realizing the Character/Rules forum. I know this , while not the same question, may be of use as well.

I do hope to meet you next game, whether in character, out of character, or both!

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
26 Dec 2013 21:08 #6 by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03)
Replied by Ezequiel Cantor (hectorwatts03) on topic New Player Here
@ClytieCorentin: That link actually helped me, as if I figured that is what I wanted to do in terms of RP,so that you could make a whole lot of potions for whatever RP effect is needed, but in game mechanics terms, it does nothing.

@Goggs: I had known about that, but I wanted to be sure. While there are a lot of potions out there, in terms of game balance, they probably have a finite restriction on what is and is not approved.

"Once upon a time there was a man who died. The less said the better."

IC: Ezequiel Cantor - A "Physician." Nothing more. Nothing less
OOC: Jason C.
26 Dec 2013 21:24 #7 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic New Player Here
Hi Jason! I'm Jeremy, and I am relatively new like May. I have been thinking about playing an alchemist or something of that kind of sort as an alt, and I have thought about new ways to rp alchemist. Why not bring a book full of recipes, and you can rp the process of making potions and poultices as one full of mistakes and possible failure? Alchemy is not perfect, and it would be fun to have fluff alchemy side-effects or failures that could invoke RPing certain effects that would not prevent their performance or inhibit them, like drowsiness and other silly things. That would be really interesting to see.

That being said, I will not be at January and I hope to see you as soon as I am able too. Can't wait to RP/Slaughter you mercilessly on the battlefield!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds