New player coming down for Feb. game

• Kharas
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Feb 2014 23:40 - 08 Feb 2014 23:41 #1 by Kharas (Theta2011)
New player coming down for Feb. game was created by Kharas (Theta2011)
So, I'm being invited (see: willingly abducted) by Sarah Brand to come down for the event this coming weekend. I'm building a Dwarf Cleric (Valos), and the two of us managed to pull together a costume. I wanted to try and build my own weapon (mace; 1h blunt), but if anyone has any tips for the build, I'd appreciate them!

If anyone has any other tips for a larp newb (I already got the sock lecture from Sarah), I'd appreciate anything you'll give. :)

--- Kharas Stonekin

((OOG: Brian Cole))
Last edit: 08 Feb 2014 23:41 by Kharas (Theta2011).
09 Feb 2014 00:31 #2 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic New player coming down for Feb. game
Welcome, Kharas! Sarah's great, and she did mention that she was going to bring others along. Glad to see one on here! While I have no skill in making weapons, I have some general tips for larping, especially in this weather.

-It's easy to neglect your body: the need for food, warmth, and rest. Make sure to remember eating, sleeping, and getting out from the cold if you lose feeling in anything
-Drink things. Any things. All the things. Often.
-I know you mentioned that Sarah lectured you already, but socks are indeed important.
-With a little bit of in-game money, you can get 3 meals a day with the cost of admission, which for you will be $20, I believe. And board. And the experience. Take advantage of all of these.
-Get those little hot-pac things that skiiers and snowboarders put in their gloves and socks. That'll be a huge help when outside
-Although rare, there is the chance of bears being around. Miniscule even more so due to the current weather. Now or anytime in the future, if you see a shadow that may or may not be a bear, just kinda shout "are you a bear?" at it. If the shadow shouts "no", you're good. If they shout "yes", they're just playful jerks.
-Want easy interactions for your character? Like tea? During Market Faire, there will be plenty of vendors, including a tea booth. Look for the elf and the blue lady behind little china teacups and tins. It'll warm you up and customers have interesting times
-More easy interactions, stop by the monastery and chat with the local clergy. As a cleric of Valos, this'll help you in the long run
-SOCKS

I'm looking forward to seeing you in the game, we all hope you love it! If you need any help, feel free to shoot a message.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kharas (Theta2011)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
09 Feb 2014 01:14 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New player coming down for Feb. game
Hey Brian. Name's Conor and I'm a New Player Marshal. It's my(and several other players) job to help you get comfortable and answer any question you may have coming into game.

Some links you might find helpful:

General New Player page:
www.knightrealms.com/main-menu/new-players.html

For your weapon creating:
www.knightrealms.com/game-play/weapons-a...-boffer-weapons.html

Any other questions don't be afraid to post here or send me a PM.

Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kharas (Theta2011)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
09 Feb 2014 07:27 - 09 Feb 2014 07:31 #4 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic New player coming down for Feb. game
Hi Brian

Welcome to KR.

I NPC'ed a few times before I brought my character in, but I found it really helpful to read the prologues and epilogues for recent events. As a newcomer to Travance, you would have heard this information as you arrived in Travance (or maybe even on the other side of the rift), and it gave me a framework to use as I learned more IG. I still felt lost (heck, I still feel lost after a year sometimes) but it really helped.

Beyond socks, an extra pair of shoes, and an entire dry outfit in your car just in case. A few snacks if you get hungry when there isn't food available in the Inn (or you are a long way away from it).

Crystal

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2014 07:31 by Faila (Faila).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds