Hello... New Player

06 Jul 2014 19:44 #1 by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Hello... New Player was created by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Greetings and salutations good folk. I just wished to say hi, and thank you for a great game being run at Dexcon 2014. It was a blast, and I thought about it on the ride home to Albany that I feel that after I do at least one NPC weekend, I would like to continue to play Bronn the Psion. I am sorry that I am horrible with names and do not remember everyone, thank you for being so nice, and helpful to the new guy lol. I look forward to speaking to you and being a part of the game.

Nicholas Malinowski

OOG: Nicholas Malinowski
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
06 Jul 2014 22:19 #2 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Hello... New Player
Nice to hear Nicholas! If you come up with any questions, feel free to post and ask. As one of the New Player Marshals here, I can assist you with whatever you need. Hope to see you in July!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
06 Jul 2014 23:11 #3 by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Replied by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick) on topic Hello... New Player
I have a question in regards to my character. As you can see I created a Celt surname, but when I went and looked at the rulebook it said that Celts could not be Psions. That being said, is it possible to have a Kormeryian (s?)/Celt mixed history in my past and that is how I have the Celt last name but I am a Psion? I am willing to work on creating a complete and total back story to help once I finish reading the core rules, and learn the history so that it meshes with what is already out there.

• Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
06 Jul 2014 23:19 #4 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Hello... New Player
You would have to be kormyrian, but you could say you have spent a lot of time in the highlands. You would have all of the kormyrian racials, and not the celt ones, allowing you to be a Psion.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
06 Jul 2014 23:29 #5 by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
The thought was to have it far enough back in my history and, we traveled to Kormyr and my great-great- great grandfather died while there, his wife stayed with her parents to raise the child, and enough generations have passed where I simply still have the last name, but I am Kormyrian in blood.

• Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
07 Jul 2014 00:28 - 07 Jul 2014 00:37 #6 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic Hello... New Player
Should work Nick. I'm (Imrahil's) *REDACTED* in blood, but Khitan in upbringing, resulting in Khitan as a "race". I don't see why you couldn't be a Kormyrian who cleaves to Celt tradition. Heck, might even have an in with the Uidhir's! But check it past MaryBeth anyway. ( - email)

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
Last edit: 07 Jul 2014 00:37 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett).
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
07 Jul 2014 15:24 #7 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Hello... New Player
Hi Nicholas!

It was so awesome to see you at the con, and I loved getting to fight you during the KR mod. I hope you come down soon, whether for NPC or PC time! (And Dresden was fun too!)

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask myself or any other new player marshal.

As for the last name, the boys are both correct - as long as you are playing with Kormyrian racials you can be half-something else (there are half-elves who are human, a Barbarian who is half-high elf, etc.), and you can still be a Psion then.

-Onca

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
07 Jul 2014 15:38 #8 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Hello... New Player

Half-Breeds
Any race is capable of breeding with another race. However, the children of cross-breeding are always entirely one or the other of the parents’ races. The race of all children need not be consistent, but each of them must be one race only.

You could be "half" celt, allowing for the accent / clothing / culture, but your racials will always need to be from the Kormyrian side as a Psion.

[hr]
-Tim P
08 Jul 2014 01:56 #9 by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Thank you all for your help. I am aiming to come down this month to play as an NPC for the weekend. Any suggestions as what to bring?

08 Jul 2014 02:53 #10 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Hello... New Player
Bug spray, pouches that can carry important bits and pieces, comfortable boots and SOCKS, plenty of socks. Change them regularly. There are showers and full bathrooms, so plan on bringing a toilet kit with you. Plan for weather, rain or shine and bring clothing that is appropriate. Keeping a wineskin on you with water is not a bad idea either, for those times away from the more populated portions of camp. Also sunscreen may not go amiss, many a nose, uncovered eartip and neck have been smote by the vengeful rays of the Sun.

Welcome to KR! :lol:

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
08 Jul 2014 02:56 #11 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic Hello... New Player
Comfortable bedding, black clothing, waterproof boots, socks, snacks, a reusable water bottle, bug spray, sun screen, whatever medication you may need as well as generic things like advil, cash for emergencies and any other small comforts you feel like bringing. Be prepared to go camping, basically.

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds