New Players With Questions

• Maveith
  • Thank Yous: 4
08 Jul 2014 22:13 #1 by Maveith (Maveith)
New Players With Questions was created by Maveith (Maveith)
Hello all! My name is Richard. I'm new to KR. My friend Brian and I were full time NPCs at the last event. We had a blast!

I've got some more friends who are interested in coming this month (about 8 actually). So expect a pile of full time NPCs this month.

I've also got a lot of questions. Is this where i would ask them?

"Death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him travelling beside me to this land. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready."

OOG - Richard Landes
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
08 Jul 2014 22:23 #2 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic New Players With Questions
Well hello there, my name is Matt, one of the new player marshals. I can answer anything you need, so just fire away. And welcome to knight realms!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Maveith
08 Jul 2014 22:57 #3 by Maveith (Maveith)
Replied by Maveith (Maveith) on topic New Players With Questions
Bear with me on these. There are 8 of us and i have been nominated to be the liaison.

I noticed that your build gain slows down the more you play. How does that factor with full time NPCing?

Do i have to spend build gained from service points/npcing on the first character i make or can i save it for a different character?

How does buying abilities that get more expensive the more you buy them (i.e. Strength +1) work if you have multiple sources of that ability? (i.e. Barbarian is Strength +1 for 8 Build, Berserker is Strength +1 for 15 build, and Warrior is also Strength +1 for 15 build.).

"Death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him travelling beside me to this land. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready."

OOG - Richard Landes
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
09 Jul 2014 09:38 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic New Players With Questions
Barring a more knowledgeable person, I can take a crack at some of this...

1: I believe this does not change for FT NPC work as it is a flat rate/amount no matter who you are playing.

2: I am not sure on this one- I would think you can pick which one but a more informed person will have to answer this

3: You buy from the qualifying list at the appropriate rate. Barb is 8 for +1, Berserker is 15 for +1.... Buys would be at the 8 build rate.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
09 Jul 2014 10:33 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Re: New Players With Questions
If you look at page 62 of the rulebook, you can only buy each racial skill one time unless it specifically says otherwise.

As barbarians, we can only buy the strength +1 for 8 once.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jul 2014 12:18 - 09 Jul 2014 12:19 #6 by Matt D (MattD)
Just a reminder to everyone, if you are not a Rules Marshal, please do not answer Rules related questions. You may however quote the Rulebook, or like in Jason's case, quote the page. Only Rules Marshals can actually answer questions.

That being said, here's your answers.

1. If you decide to Full Time NPC, you can choose which character gets the build. For example, you have a Barbarian and a Gypsy. Let's say you really want a skill with your Gypsy and need build. You NPC for a few events and can put all of the build on that character, even if you only bring him out once or twice per year. No matter what, you get standard NPC build to put on ONE character - 2 build and 500 SP (200 converts to build, giving you 4 build and 300 SP from NPCing)

2. Similarly to above, if you want to put your NPC build on a different character, you simply have to write up a charcater sheet for that character and file it. For example, if you are playing a Barbarian right now, and think you want to play a Gypsy Wild Mage in a few months, you may write up the Gypsy, and then start stockpiling your NPC build on the Gypsy.

3. Jason is correct, you can only by one instance of a Racial skill, unless it states otherwise. So if you are playing Barbarian Berserker, your first purchase can be at 8 build, and additional Purchases would be 15. With the new Proficiency rules in effect though, your first three purchases of Strength from the LIST would be 15, then the next 3 would be 30 each. Weapon Proficiencies function the same way, starting at 10 build, then doubling after 3 purchases of the same weapon type.

Elias Ashby

Last edit: 09 Jul 2014 12:19 by Matt D (MattD).
  • Maveith
09 Jul 2014 14:26 #7 by Maveith (Maveith)
Thank you very much.

I need a little clarification on the 3rd answer. I know i can only buy my racial ability once. But does it count towards amount of times buying it for price increasing purposes. If i am a Barbarian Berserker and i buy Strength +1 for 8 off of my Barbarian list. Then can i buy it 3 times off my Berserker list for 15 each or twice since i already have bought it?

Thanks for your patience.

OOG - Richard Landes
09 Jul 2014 15:13 #8 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic New Players With Questions
You can but it 3 times from the Berserker list at 15 build each.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Maveith
09 Jul 2014 15:51 #9 by Maveith (Maveith)
Thanks for the update.

So if i picked up Warrior as my second class would i then be able to buy Strength +1 at 15 again because its 15 on the Warrior list?

OOG - Richard Landes
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jul 2014 16:08 #10 by Matt D (MattD)
No, the increase is the same across all lists. Meaning, you could buy your Racial for 8, three purchases at 15 (no matter what list they come from). Your fourth non-racial purchase will cost 30 no matter what list you purchase it from.

Elias Ashby

• Maveith
09 Jul 2014 16:36 #11 by Maveith (Maveith)
Ok. Thats what i thought. I just needed some cleirification. I might have some more questions at a later time.

Thank you everyone who helped answer my questions.

OOG - Richard Landes
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds