Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!

• Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
  • Thank Yous: 37
08 Aug 2014 18:45 - 08 Aug 2014 18:46 #1 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player! was created by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Hello everyone! I'm Bethany, and after sending out my “hellos” to the New Player Marshall email address, I wanted to make sure I properly introduced myself to all of you as well!

My fiance and I are looking to attend Knight Realms for the first time this October. While we both come from a long-time, heavy roleplaying background here in PA, I've only been LARPing since 2012 (which was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made). I'm a huge fan of immersion, fluff, little details, fantasy politics, lifestyle sims, and living my character, so from everything I've seen and read of Knight Realms, I think it may be just the fit.

Once we'd decided to give the game a go last week, I began to scour the website and digest as much information as I could...and oh my gosh, it's been incredibly inspiring. From the rulebook, to seeing what James has created with Camp Sacajawea, to what's showcased in the photo galleries, to the feedback from your recent events... I want to high-five all of you. So many high-fives.

Since then, I've gone crazy with excited character brainstorming. Everything clicked into place for me this morning, so now I've a pile of notes and an outline for my PC that I'd absolutely love to run by someone. I don't quite feel comfortable proceeding with costuming and prop prep until I know that the character is okay to go, and that everything fits okey-dokie with the lore of Arawyn.

Thank you all so much, and I look forward to meeting you all in person very soon!

Wilhelmina Elizabeth Ravenly

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

OOG - Bethany O.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2014 18:46 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
08 Aug 2014 19:41 #2 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
You're making a great choice, Bethany. It'll be great to meet you and your Fiance.
I hope you're in for a whole lot of fun in October and until then, be well :)

Welcome to the family.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
08 Aug 2014 22:37 #3 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
Wanted to say welcome! I'm Katie, one of the new player marshals. Let me know if you need any help, that is what we are here for!

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
08 Aug 2014 22:42 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re:Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
Hey Bethany! I'm Onca, another new player marshal. So glad to hear about your prep and your excitement. If you want to reach out with questions, I'm also around, but was popping in to say we're glad to have you!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
09 Aug 2014 11:09 #5 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Replied by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
Thank you so much, guys!

Katie and Onca, I'll definitely be in touch in the very near future!

OOG - Bethany O.
10 Aug 2014 23:24 #6 by Veor Aldorson (cmh5453)
Replied by Veor Aldorson (cmh5453) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
I hate to piggy-back, but since we come as a pair I thought that, for the sake of not cluttering up the boards, I would introduce myself here.

I'm Cam. I'm said fiance. I've been LARPing for a good seven years now and have come to thoroughly enjoy the hobby. For a few reasons we have decided to reach out to find a game that better suits both of our interests. I've heard of K.R. in the past from folks that have either gone or knew of people that have gone and, funny enough, stumbled upon a treasure cache remote site at one of the Hickory Run camps. (Sadly, the phys-reps have since gotten lost in the bustle of like... four moves, so I'm sorry to say I can't return them!)

We've done a little investigating and I mentioned K.R. to my fiance and had a look into it and we're both very interested in attending to see if it is a good fit for us. I'm a huge fan of politics and land management as well as a great addition to any shield-wall or skirmish, so I'm excited to see what opportunities can be opened up for a character in a new world. We've both an extensive RP background and take our characters seriously. I, myself, am actually a college graduate with a degree in theatre performance and directing.

We will be in further contact as the days go by as we both have our own questions and as there is a lot of information to delve through on the site, as well as years and years worth of IG lore and so on.

Thank you for the quick responses and the warm welcomes. I look forward to further communication!

OOG- Cameron A.M. Hunting

IG- Veor Aldorson
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
11 Aug 2014 16:59 #7 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
Hi! I hope you come up and see us when you can. I am not a new player marshall, but I have over 20 years of character creation, tabletop and LARP experience under my belt. My husband does as well. If you want to just discuss character concepts and costuming stuff, feel free to poke me. I love talking shop and encouraging people.

:woohoo: Looking forward to seeing you in October!

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
11 Aug 2014 18:23 #8 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
There is also a large group of new players to your west in the Reading Area.

We are planning on more cook-out/fighter practices... considering in the last two months, myself and Birgitta Drexel have pulled in 10 new players with more coming....

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
11 Aug 2014 21:30 #9 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
Hey. Most people just call me Raider (my last name is so long and unpronounceable by spelling that it makes people's heads spin with laughter). I'm one of those Leslie and John have managed to get into this, and if you need help on the building end, I am willing to help.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
04 Sep 2014 12:05 #10 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Replied by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
It looks like Cam and I will be heading up to the camp on Saturday to get both inspiration and a feel for Travance. We'll likely end up NPCing for a bit, so see you all in game, however briefly!

OOG - Bethany O.
04 Sep 2014 12:17 #11 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
Awesome! Also there is a one day festival on September 13 if you are interested in checking that out as well. It's not plot based and it's mainly for roleplay and shenanigans. It's a pretty fun experience and does not have as much pressure as a normal event.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
04 Sep 2014 12:19 #12 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
You have no idea how badly I want to check that out, so I'll have to see if we have that day available! I love, love, love the fact that KR holds festivals and WitL events.

Have ALLLL the roleplay!

OOG - Bethany O.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
04 Sep 2014 18:21 #13 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
My first event will be the october one as well. I'm excited to meet other new players. I look forward to killing many monsters with both of you.

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Wil Ravenly
  • Have wings, Will fly.
10 Sep 2014 11:51 #14 by Wil Ravenly (Wil Ravenly)
Eep! I almost forgot to thank everyone for a wonderful few hours this past Saturday. I wish I could have thrown myself in to NPC after checking out the camp, but leave it to my body to not feel great that day.

Matt, Stacy, John, James, and Mike: Thank you for the chit-chats about the game, and double-thanks to John for the tour! Hoping to see you all again in October, since I really need to get my character out into the game world before I explode. <3

OOG - Bethany O.
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
10 Sep 2014 12:18 #15 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Greetings from a Soon-to-be New Player!
You are welcome, both of you, for the tour of Travance. :)

Hope to see you on the 27th for the cook-out/fighter practice and at October Event!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.573 seconds