Couple questions about making first PC

• Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
20 Aug 2014 02:09 - 20 Aug 2014 03:21 #1 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Couple questions about making first PC was created by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Hey all you KR folk! I have a couple of questions regarding a PC I am thinking of making for Septembers event.

1) A friend and I will most likely be making PCs together and wondered if it was ok to make two PCs who are related to one another, example being, sisters?

2) If I play a healer, do I have to take a proficiency in a weapon? And do you have to worship a god as a healer, or is that only for priests?

3) I know you have to submit your backstory to be approved, but do you have to talk about your backstory at all at your first event if it has not been submitted yet? Also, do you have to submit your backstory before you create your PC or can it be done after your first event as said PC?

Thanks for reading and any input you have!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
Last edit: 20 Aug 2014 03:21 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives).
20 Aug 2014 07:17 - 21 Aug 2014 21:28 #2 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Couple questions about making first PC
Hi! My name is Jeremy and I am not a New Player marshal, but I can answer some of these questions.

You can have a character who is related to someone else. If you and your friend want to be sisters ingame, you can do so. Many characters in Knight Realms are related to each other, and starting game with someone your character is related to is perfectly fine.

Healers are able to learn how to wield staffs and daggers, but there is no requirement to become proficient in them. That is entirely a decision that is up to you. However, proficiency refers to being able to deal extra damage besides base damage on the weapon, and that is not a skill healers can learn. You would have to open a list that has the weapon proficiency skill in order to learn it. At the same time there are many characters who are weaponless and there is no requirement to carry around a weapon.

You are suggested to submit your backstory by the third event. You do not need to submit it immediately. If you want to go ahead. You can bring it up to an extent through roleplay, but until the character chronicle is approved it is not truly considered canon.

I hope I answered your questions to the fullest extent and I can't wait to see you at Knight Realms!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 21 Aug 2014 21:28 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf). Reason: grammer
20 Aug 2014 09:20 #3 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Couple questions about making first PC
Hello Tiffany,
My name is Sean and I am a New Player Marshal. Let me see if I can answer all your questions, or at least get you in the right direction.

1) You can have what ever relationship you want with people.So yes you and your friend could be sisters.

2) No on both accounts. You never need to take a weapon proficiency if you don't want. As for gods, again, this is entirely up to you. The only people who MUST take a religion is clergy (priests and clerics)

3) No to everything. Your backstory is there for two reasons: 1: give you flavor to play your character. 2: to give the Storytellers way to mess with you. You don't have to submit it before you create your PC. You can create it after the event.

Any other questions please message me or post here.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
20 Aug 2014 12:06 - 20 Aug 2014 12:08 #4 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Couple questions about making first PC
As a general rule, if you have to preface a statement with "I am not a marshal", then please hold of on posting it. Only rules marshals can answer rules related questions, except in the case of a new player, when they come from New player marshals.

Of course you are welcome to greet people and talk about non-rules related things.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 20 Aug 2014 12:08 by Matt D (MattD).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
20 Aug 2014 13:28 #5 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Couple questions about making first PC
Real quick question to add to this; Let's say you submitted your back story, but it's still pending as the event is going on. Is any of that background information valid to be said IG, or would you have to wait for an approval? (I don't have to worry about this, but there might be others who have this on their minds).

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
20 Aug 2014 13:57 #6 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Couple questions about making first PC
If you submitted a background and it is pending approval, you can be vague about it, but cannot talk about certain specifics. "I come from Glangsdale" is fine. "I was a mayor of Glangsdale for three years" is not, unless it gets approved.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not An Assassin (Salem)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
20 Aug 2014 14:02 #7 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic Couple questions about making first PC
Thanks, Matt.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds