Question about my PC

03 Sep 2014 00:42 #1 by Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75)
Question about my PC was created by Tessa Harlow (hunteralex75)
Hey,

I have full time NPCd before and will be making my first PC this weekend. If my character has a less then favorable profession, how would she go about not telling people what it is when asked? Can I lie? Is it common for people IG to ask what your profession is? If I can't lie, what should I say?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

(OOG) Alex Hunter
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
03 Sep 2014 00:54 #2 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Question about my PC
One thing I've always believed is that a character should not be defined by the profession they purchase. You could be a Brute, but call yourself a pit fighter. You could be a Spy/Gambler, but call yourself a Troubadour or even a Barkeep!

What is listed on your card, by the mechanics, should serve to help facilitate your roleplay, not dictate it's exact wording. Some characters are built on the lies they tell people. Entire personalities and concepts based around a character lying about who they are.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Keavy (Dani), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
03 Sep 2014 01:46 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Question about my PC
Hey Alex. Don't know if you posted before, but if you did then this is hello again.

Name's Conor and I'm a new player marshal, in case we didn't get introduced at your first event.

My suggestion is similar to Steve's. However you could answer like this, say your a guards member:
"What are you do?"
"Huh? I'm a Guard Member."
"I mean, what do you do?"
"I catch criminals and law breakers."
etc.

You don't have to answer with, I'm a Cavilier, I'm an Acrobat, etc.

You can just answer how you want.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
03 Sep 2014 07:01 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Question about my PC
If you are a necromancer assassin, and someone asks you what you do, you make up an in-game lie or exaggeration to not divulge the information that you obviously want to keep secret. The only rare time when you cant is when you are successfully under the effects of truth detection. If you cant lie, then it depends on the situation and the specific questions being asked.

hope that helped :)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds