Backstory development

13 Sep 2014 00:06 #1 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Backstory development was created by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
My best friend Andrew (the charismatic Cade Tanwyn) and I will be attending KR for the first time come October, and we have been able to think of little else as our anticipation grows. We've been in constant discussion over our character sheets, short and long term goals, costumes, accents, roleplaying ticks, and everything in between. Something we've put particular effort into is developing our backstories in a way that helps flesh out not only our characters' pasts but their effects on how we react to life in the present day. However, we've started to run into something of a wall in that there is a discouraging lack of information on gypsies (the race we've decided to play) available to be discovered and delved into. We know a decent amount of what they are like in real life, but it would be extremely beneficial from a roleplaying perspective to have a better handle on the nuances of culture and context for gypsies within the realms of KR (e.g., how are they treated by other nations/races/political entities, what kind of influence do they have on Travance, is there anything encouraged or considered taboo specific to KR gyspsies). Is there anyone we could talk with to provide us with this kind of information? And is it encouraged to send our backstory to one (or more) of the marshals? Thanks muchly in advance!

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."
Head of the Tanwyn Familia

OOG: Nic White
13 Sep 2014 10:42 #2 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Backstory development
hmmm...you might want to find the player of Peonia or Dimetri Yhatzi (spelling may be off there) and talk a little to them.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
17 Sep 2014 12:06 #3 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Replied by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn) on topic Re:Backstory development
Thanks! I'll see if I can grab them then.

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."

• Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
17 Sep 2014 15:40 #4 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Backstory development
You might want to repost this in the Realizing the Character forum, directly asking people who play Gypsies for help understanding the RP of it.

More people will see it there than in the New Player forum!

www.knightrealms.com/forum/realizing-the...rules-questions.html

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: 森時間 (Socretez), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
18 Sep 2014 20:26 #5 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Replied by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn) on topic Re:Backstory development
Thank you, that is very helpful advice! I shall do so.

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds