Hello!

• Elvina
  • Thank Yous: 1
22 Jan 2015 15:04 #1 by Elvina (Sav212)
Hello! was created by Elvina (Sav212)
Hi i'm new to LARP but not RP in general, im abit anxious since it's way more different than responding to a RP on a forum where you can take your time and think of a response but im pretty excited. I just want to ask a question about druid, alchemist and scholar. how does one go about as playing one of those professions. Like for alchemist do we have to have like an actual knowledge of creating mixtures ? or as a scholar what exactly are we researching? im just abit confused :blush: :blush:

OOG: Savannah "Sav"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
22 Jan 2015 15:20 #2 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Hello!
Hi Savannah,

I'm Jeremy, and one of the characters I play is a physician, which has crafting similar to an alchemist. The thing about mixtures is that the recipes are learned through the game in a manner similar to skills. For example, the recipe for Healing Salve would be known by your character or learned once through in-game means, and when you create salves you would spend the time roleplaying the creation of the salve. For some items it requires essences, but it's mainly roleplaying the process of creating a salve. A lot of alchemists carry around mortar and pestles for that, and some even build their own laboratories. It's up to you on how you would roleplay it. For scholar, you would be researching things that happen at game using your own in-game knowledge and roleplay. If you were researching vampires, you would use your own Lores, as well as other information and information from other people, to research vampires. In the end, it's all roleplaying and having fun.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elvina (Sav212)
22 Jan 2015 15:37 - 22 Jan 2015 15:55 #3 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Hello!
I my name is Sean and I'm one of the new player marshals. It's my job to make sure you have a good time and answer any and all questions you might have.
First of all welcome! We always love new people and love answering questions.
Jermey has provided a very good, long explanation about what you can do. But to put is quickly. No as an alchemist we don't expect you to actually make something. You can role play it in many ways. There are some in game components you need to get by either finding in game or buying (with fake money) from other players.
For scholars you research multiple things like what the special monsters are and how to kill them as well as ebents that are happening in game.
All in all its all everything is made by rp.
Don't worry too much about the rp I have found that our group is really good at getting everyone into game and when your in the atmosphere of the game things just come out and it's great.
If you have anymore questions please don't hesistate to ask here or message me.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
Last edit: 22 Jan 2015 15:55 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Elvina (Sav212)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
22 Jan 2015 21:42 #4 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Hello!
I'm a new player myself, but I'd like to extend a welcome since I'm coming from a similar background of forum-role play, but no real life experiences. If you're heading up this month, I'd be happy to start fresh with you, and if not, I'd be happy to still join you as a semi-new player :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
23 Jan 2015 02:48 #5 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Hello!
BRING LOTS OF SOCKS
all my love,
Jen F.

P.s.
there's a really cool table for scholars to RP around regarding plot research! You'll find it in the Inn :)

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
23 Jan 2015 13:20 #6 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic Hello!
Excited to see you in Travance!

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
23 Jan 2015 15:09 #7 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Hello!
First off, welcome to the game! :D

Secondly, as someone who plays a scholar, what you research can be as specific or as broad as you want it to be. You can pick up the class and only choose to study, say, cultures from around the continent as some sort of medieval anthropologist. Or you can take it as broad as you want, with picking up lores and literacies wherever you can find them. Or you can forego the lore-gathering entirely and use the list's capabilities to make scrolls and focus on that. Or you can do all of the above! The things with what you can do with the scholar profession list are limited only by your imagination.

Same thing with alchemists. Druids, can do a lot, too, but ultimately, they get their spells and powers from nature.

Either way, hope to see you at game, and hope you'll have fun! Stay warm!

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
27 Jan 2015 20:25 #8 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic Hello!
ALCHEMY! :-D

Hello! I'm a Londwyn Alchemist, and alchemy is fantastic! Jeremy mentioned some of this, but aside from the mechanical OOG bits, alchemical recipes are all fluff. Recipes between some alchemists may have similarities, especially between teacher and student, but it's really up to you! Some of our alchemists favors herbal ingredients, while others favor minerals and chemicals. Many alchemists have a particular ingredient that they like to add--for example, I tend to have mint in all of my herbal remedies.

And please feel free to message me or find me on Facebook if you want to talk alchemy! ^_^

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds