New to KR

• Aysel
  • Thank Yous: 8
16 Mar 2015 18:11 #1 by Aysel (smgoebler)
New to KR was created by Aysel (smgoebler)
Hello! I'm Sarah Mae. I'm no stranger to LARP and have heard much about KR from friends over the past few years. I'm finally about ready to give the game a try. I'm planning to full time NPC for a weekend in April before bringing in a character in May or June.

I know you have the Alt event coming up, would it be better to NPC that event, wait until the normal event, or perhaps just do both?
Also, because I know that demon apocalypse plot just occurred, would I be able to find information on what happened in the rest of the world before bringing in a PC?

I look forward to meeting you all soon. :]

~Aysel
Student of Druidics

OOG: Sarah Mae
16 Mar 2015 18:14 #2 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic New to KR
Hi, Sarah Mae. I know you in Real Life. Feel free to call me if you have question otherwise we can all answer your questions here.
As for NPCing, the Alt event might be a good place to start because, even though people are playing different characters, it gives you a good feel of the game. Also the alt event is normally smaller so easier and less stuff to be distracted by.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aysel (smgoebler)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
16 Mar 2015 19:03 - 16 Mar 2015 19:10 #3 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic New to KR
HI SARAH MAE I ALSO KNOW YOU IN REAL LIFE

Pack more socks <3

You can check the prologue and epilogue links on the left to get a bassssiiccccc idea of what happened over the past few months, however, it's severely out of context.

[strike]The Scholar's Books, I know, were being posted, though i'm not sure if they are up yet or if that's still in progress.[/strike]

Bunch of them are here!!
www.knightrealms.com/mobile-ig/194-the-b.../scholars-notes.html

You can also read the Baronial Library, though that's mostly old world history, it's totally worth knowing the basic gist.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 16 Mar 2015 19:10 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aysel (smgoebler)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
16 Mar 2015 19:06 #4 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic New to KR
Woohoo! Yesyesyes, join usss...

I think I said this on facebook, but if so I'll just say it here as well, haha. If you wanna NPC the alt event, just to get a sense of the game rules and people, definitely do it. The alt event however may not be your best introduction into the game world, as it's not set in our usual world. But it's entirely up to you!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
16 Mar 2015 19:06 #5 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic New to KR
WHAT IS THIS 'REAL LIFE' PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT
THERE IS NO SUCH THING

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bladesworn (Bladesworn), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
17 Mar 2015 23:37 #6 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic New to KR
The day has finally come! Welcome to KR, friend!
So along with all of the other people and New Player Marshals that I'm sure will post, any specific questions can be directed to us.
The alt event has little to nothing to do with the general plot, but if you're looking to NPC a whole event, it's as good a place as any to start. We do switch over to regular gameplay on Sunday.
I can't wait to see you at game!! I might be skipping the alt event so I hope I'll see you some other time.

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds