new larper - just have a few questions!

17 Mar 2015 10:49 #1 by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
new larper - just have a few questions! was created by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
Hey everyone,

I've been looking at Knight Realms for a few weeks now and am trying to get to an event by May - been developing a look and build. I want to play as a stealthy assassin/bounty hunter type with a florentine and crossbow focus.

However, I see tons of conflicting information and not really many places to find a crossbow, and even more rare, the bolts. Specifically, I like the smaller one handed crossbows for stealth. Does anyone have any idea where to look for crossbows and bolts that are approved? I'll have a lot more questions but I'm sure much of it will be better served in person! I just wanted to figure out the crossbow situation as that was to be a main part of the build.

Thank you in advanced and I look forward to meeting you guys

OOG - Anthony Smeragliuolo
17 Mar 2015 11:11 #2 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!
Hey my name is dean and I'm one of the new player marshals as well as someone who uses a bow/crossbow.
I got my crossbow from www.calimacil.com I also got my bolts from there. You could also try larpexchange.com . The owner is a fellow KR player and can hep find most anything.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
17 Mar 2015 11:31 #3 by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
Replied by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!
unfortunately both of them appear to be sold out!

• Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
17 Mar 2015 15:41 #4 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!
I just got a bunch of stuff delivered yesterday from medievalcollectables.com
It took a while for everything to come in because they needed to be made. But they were worth the wait for me. They have an archery section for crossbows. And then under 'LARP weapons', they have a category for LARP arrows and you'll find the bolts in there.

I, myself am looking at the "pirate crossbow".

I swear...All you have to do is put the word "LARP" in front of something and it's price gets jacked 2-4x.

Also, on a side note...Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like any tips on playing an assassin build. I cannot answer any rules questions for you, but I would be happy to give you some pointers on the profession and answer any questions regarding the lifestyle of a KR assassin. Take note that I will not give you any information that I feel is meant to be learned during gameplay.

Oh and uhh, welcome to Knight Realms.

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
17 Mar 2015 16:06 #5 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!

Sébastien O.T. Noire wrote: I swear...All you have to do is put the word "LARP" in front of something and it's price gets jacked 2-4x.

^ Truth. Absolute truth. Also, you can always send an email to Calimacil, or Sean from LARP Exchange to see about when they can get a crossbow and some bolts for you. Never hurts to just ask.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
17 Mar 2015 21:55 - 17 Mar 2015 22:29 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!
Hi, Anthony, I'm Jeff and I'm also a New Player Marshal. Welcome, welcome! We'll be glad to have you aboard when you decide to come.

First, you probably have this taken care of, but you're going to want a way to carry your crossbow around so it isn't a hassle for you to move about. Second, having been on the receiving end of arrows at least, they can sting. Just be careful when you're firing. You may be told to call out your damage when you're within a certain range, rather than actually shooting a bolt.

Also, in your main post, you mentioned "tons of conflicting information". What was that regarding?

Last edit: 17 Mar 2015 22:29 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
18 Mar 2015 12:12 #7 by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
Replied by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!
well the conflicting info was mainly in regard to looking for crossbows and bolt. pricing, safety, availability, etc

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
18 Mar 2015 12:13 #8 by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
also - just out of curiosity, whats the average player count during one of your weekend events? any idea?

• Arden
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • The ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of time.
  • Thank Yous: 163
18 Mar 2015 14:20 #9 by Arden (Shelby)
Replied by Arden (Shelby) on topic new larper - just have a few questions!
150-200 when it's warm, 80-120 when it's cold as an average. In February, when the whole weekend was in single digits, we still had an attendance of about 70 players.

OOG: Shelby M Briar [She/They]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds