New Player.

• Tharivol
  • Thank Yous: 9
21 Mar 2015 12:29 #1 by Tharivol (samurai_steve27)
New Player. was created by Tharivol (samurai_steve27)
Hi everyone.

My name is Steve. I'm hoping to make the April event. I've got a few questions but the most pressing at the moment is about the sleeping arrangements. I've seen a little on the forums about sleeping in the inn. How does that work? Is it just one large open area or are there sections? Also probably in May I'd have a bunch of friends coming, there'd be about five of us. Are there cabins you can request for a group that size?

Anyway I can't wait to try out your game. See you all in a month.

Steve

Tharivol Farothin
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG
Steve Crow
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
21 Mar 2015 13:34 #2 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic New Player.
Hi Steve, my name is sean and I am a new player marshal.
For the inn there are various bed rooms that sleep about 5/6 people per room. They are normally first come first serve. Also we have a barn were the are about 15 beds or so. There are various tents and other sleeping arrangements. We will get you a bed don't worry. Any other questions let or any other new player marshal know.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
21 Mar 2015 13:40 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player.
Hi, Steve!

I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Marshals here at Knight Realms. Welcome aboard! As far as sleeping arrangements go, you have little to worry about. There is a building called the "barn" where we house new players. The beds in the barn, and in buildings throughout the campsite, are bunks, two and sometimes three bunks tall. The Inn is the main place where people sleep. There are a bunch of rooms, each with their own set of bunk beds. Otherwise, there are cabins spread out around the Camp. Also, there are a few tents set up, which may or may not be in usable shape just yet, with all the snow we've had.

Whenever you get to Camp, find a bed in the barn that's empty and put your luggage on it so people know that it's been claimed. If you need help finding the barn, ask someone and they should be able to guide you over there.

In May and the summer months, there will be a large increase in the number of players and as such, it may be harder for you and your friends to find beds. However, I'm sure we'll figure out a solution for that.

Anyway, welcome to Knight Realms! I'm obligated to remind you to bring plenty of socks with you. Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
21 Mar 2015 14:15 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic New Player.
As our wonderful New Player Marshalls have chimed in, there are rooms in various buildings where people can sleep. No one is forced to sleep outside, in the cold (Unless they want to for RP reasons. There are some who do.)

If you get to an event early enough, walk around the campsite. You'll see a lot of the buildings, & you'll notice each area has a themed color. You'll find out In Game what each color means and such, but I just like to encourage people to look.

As for sleeping outside, those that do it for RP reasons usually have a tent or something prepared to handle the weather. I'll let them chime in on their preferred way of roughing it.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Tharivol
  • Thank Yous: 9
21 Mar 2015 16:05 #5 by Tharivol (samurai_steve27)
Replied by Tharivol (samurai_steve27) on topic New Player.
Awesome, thanks guys

Steve

Tharivol Farothin
Vassal of Kaladonia

OOG
Steve Crow
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
22 Mar 2015 05:23 #6 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic New Player.
Oh man, the Steve's might actually be competing with the Jens for whiplash status!

Hi Steve! I am one of the many Jens that regularly attend game. I'm not a New Player Marshal, so i can't answer a ton of your questions, but I can add to what has been said here.

As already mentioned, the Barn and some of the rooms in the Inn have first-come-first-serve sleeping arrangements.

Throughout the camp itself, the buildings usually represent the state houses of lands, where lords, knights, and their people house together. Once you're more involved with the in game world, the opportunity to sleep in those areas will open up through role play.

However, if there are no beds left in the barn or the inn, there are DEFINITELY exceptions to be made; Everyone gets a bed - no worries. (We even have an attic!).

Side note about large groups: When I started the game, I came in with around seven people during the April and May events. We found an unoccupied tent and all piled in. It was awesome. You'll have a great time. My only suggestion for that is to bring an extra blanket and a ton of bug spray.

If you have any other pressing questions, you can totally PM the New Player Marshals, they're all super swell peoples.

Looking forward to RP-ing with you in the future!
Bring more socks than you will ever need!!!!

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds