Interested in starting; quick lore question!

17 Jun 2015 18:33 - 17 Jun 2015 18:59 #1 by Joshua Putney (Vanos Kett)
Interested in starting; quick lore question! was created by Joshua Putney (Vanos Kett)
Hey, everyone!

A quick little something about myself before I start lobbing questions your way. I'm one of those closet nerds - the kind where most of the world passes me by, oblivious to my silent musings of whether or not that orc cheated on his dice roll the previous night or my quiet prayers to the Nerd Gods for another Firefly season or a decent Star Wars sequel. I'm not necessarily proud of it, but not a whole lot of clients will fear a personal trainer who dreads a natural 1 more than he does an IRS audit.

Anyway, I recently decided that I wanted to give LARPing a try. I'm a long time roleplayer and have always entertained the idea, but I never dove in. I live down south so this spot would be a bit of a drive, but I like the presentation and the length to which the rules and world were crafted. I'm in the process of looking at putting together an outfit and all that, but I was hoping you guys could clarify something for me:

I was looking at the various classes, and I'm curious - assuming they all worship Malyc, what's the defining difference between a Chaos Warrior and a priest or cleric? The biggest thing I could see at a glance would simply be a preference between martial prowess and magical ability, or a mixture of the two. Flavor wise, though, how do the three tend to interact with the world?

Another question I had concerned the more morally ambiguous IC individuals in your game. I've never enjoyed playing extremely evil characters, but I've never liked extremely good ones, either. I prefer a lot of 'gray' in my PCs, which is why I was leaning towards the chaos warrior (though that's certainly not set in stone, I'm still studying up on everything - I've been eyeing the druid and wild mage as well); but is Knight Realms more skewed towards good PCs with evil NPCs, or is there a crowd of the more morally flexible folks as well? I know PvP can be a touchy subject, but I do believe that IC conflict can really add flavor to a world.

Thanks for your time, hope to get boff'd to a death count soon!
Last edit: 17 Jun 2015 18:59 by Joshua Putney (Vanos Kett).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
17 Jun 2015 19:04 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:Interested in starting; quick lore question!
Hey, I look forward to when you can come and play. Your questions sound like you have put good thought into everything.

Our new player marshals and role play marshals will be able to answer your questions and help you put your character together.

Welcome aboard!

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
17 Jun 2015 19:11 #3 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Interested in starting; quick lore question!
Hi! I'm Dani, one of the New Player Marshals!

In terms of the "difference" between a chaos warrior and a priest or cleric of Malyc, there is nothing that says a chaos warrior worships or follows Malyc, or has to.

I play a chaos warrior, and my character does not worship Malyc.

While they both function off of chaos, the two things are separate.(using chaos energy vs the idea of chaos itself) You -can- worship Malyc and be a chaos warrior if you want to, but know that you don't have to.

In terms of chaos warrior and good vs evil, that depends on how you wish to play your character. You can be good or evil. Or neutral.

If you come to an event, find my character Keavy, and we can chat about chaos :)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
18 Jun 2015 03:11 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Interested in starting; quick lore question!
Hi, Joshua! I'm Jeff, another New Player Marshal.

In general, the characters do skew towards good, although many definitely are morally ambiguous, much to my character's chagrin. As for PvP, you're actually in line with the game's official policy:

"All this being said, Knight Realms will not ban PvP activity. We feel that the In-Game drama it can create is an integral part of the game, and to deny it would be to deny a great opportunity to our players. However, we must also protect the best interests of the game and its players by making sure that the few do not ruin the game for the many."

You're welcome to read the rest here if you like:
www.knightrealms.com/main-menu/policies-statements/215-pvp.html

As well, welcome to Knight Realms! If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here. However, as I'm sure you're aware, this weekend is the June Event and as such, many of the New Player Marshals and other players who would otherwise be available to answer those questions, will be at the game. So don't feel offended if it takes a while for us to get back to you. If Wednesday rolls around and there aren't any responses, then you are completely within your rights to shake your fist at your screen.

See you soon!

--Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
20 Jun 2015 14:02 #5 by Joshua Putney (Vanos Kett)
Replied by Joshua Putney (Vanos Kett) on topic Interested in starting; quick lore question!
Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future, but I plan on NPCing a few events first to get a feel for stuff. Looking forward to meeting you!
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds