A roof over my (character's) head

08 Jul 2015 15:46 #1 by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson)
A roof over my (character's) head was created by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson)
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I last posted on these forums, but I have been taking the time to perfect my character, in preparation for the upcoming July event. However, with the event only two weeks away, a question popped into my head.

I looked up the camp where the event is set to take place, and found that several buildings were present on site, including the Great Hall (where I presume the inn is located), along with several smaller cabins. I assumed that at least some of these cabins would be used by the players as residences during their time here. therefore, I was curious as to how one could be assigned a cabin, or similar housing, for a given event (since my parents dislike the idea of me being out in the wilderness with nothing but a sleeping bag my friends to protect me while I sleep).

If my belief is valid, I would appreciate it if someone could inform me as to how I may procure a cabin for myself. If I am incorrect--and I have a feeling I am--then could someone please explain where and how most people sleep during the event (i know it takes place IG unless otherwise noted; I just want to know whether I should being a sleeping bag with me for this event or not).

Thank you for taking the time to read this (I know it's a bit of a long post), and I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

Blaine H.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
08 Jul 2015 16:08 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic A roof over my (character's) head
You should bring a sleeping bag with you and a blanket to cover it so it looks more in game.

As to securing a sleeping space, most of the cabins are for the IG lands to use and their vassals. The inn is a first come first serve basis but if you get there before 7 you should have no problem looking for an empty bed. There is also a barn area where there are bunks as well.

Long story short, you'll have somewhere to sleep no problem.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
08 Jul 2015 18:34 #3 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic A roof over my (character's) head
There is also the option to camp in a personal tent, though I don't know many of the details on those areas, I'm sure someone else can chime in. I have a mini 1-2 person tent in my trunk that I have not been using, and since it was a cheap little guy, I wouldn't object to loaning or sharing it.

Again, details on camping would need to be answered by another player if you're interested in that direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
09 Jul 2015 11:12 #4 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic A roof over my (character's) head
There are also pre set up personal tents around the camp

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds