Small group looking for empty lands to settle...

• Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
28 Jul 2015 14:11 #1 by Wili ()
Small group looking for empty lands to settle... was created by Wili ()
Greetings!

My buddies and I are planning to come to Travance as a small party (4-5 of us).Two of us have attended game once or twice as NPCs, and we convinced a few of our buddies to come as well, but we want to come into our PCs knowing each other... I know that the land affiliations have their tents and cabins and things, but are there unclaimed areas that could serve as our "settlement" until we find a land to pledge to (or not...)? It seems that unless we get there stupid early to get five bunks in the inn (which is not feasible for us), there aren't really many other places to stay that I know of.

So, long story short, are there unclaimed tents not in a land area that we can claim as our own?

Thanks!

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shiver (Shiver)
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
28 Jul 2015 14:38 #2 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
Hey there Kelley,
I sent you a PM regarding your situation. Best of luck!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
28 Jul 2015 14:39 #3 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
Hiya Kelly,

There are almost always places to pitch own tents. This past month there were many empty camp tents but most of those are usually in use.

There is one in Winterdark that is a recent set-up; I don't think anyone is using that.

Each of the Land lodging folks can answer on their specific areas.

Welcome to your crew though; hope everyone has fun when you guys get in game. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
28 Jul 2015 21:13 #4 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
Look us up in Alisandria and we will see if we have space available.

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
28 Jul 2015 21:35 #5 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
Hey Kelly!

My name is Onca, I'm a new player marshal. Please feel free to come to me (and any other NPMs) with questions anytime - same goes for your friends! It'll be great to have you, and having people attached as a group can help give you a sense of community till you build one IG.

There have been several offers, but I figured I'd offer a bit of input. If you are looking for your own non-affiliated area to set up until winter, I'd recommend either the Gypsy Caravan area or the Drega'mire tent platforms (not often in use). Please see this link to a map of the camp for the listed areas:
www.knightrealms.com/in-game/maps-of-the...ce-proper-17889.html

You might also have luck asking at any of the other lands for their tent platforms, such as Ostcliff, Kaladonia, and Pendarvin. I see Alisandria already reached out (thanks Joe!) but if you are looking for more tent space for the time being, these are the areas that may have extra.

If you want to get in touch with any of the people from these areas to discuss reserving space, please PM me and I'll get you in touch!

If you guys have any other questions, or want further input, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone else on here

I do suggest, for the late summer and fall, bringing cloaks and layers, and maybe a hat. Changes of socks are necessary. This helps if you get soaked or for sudden temperature changes. Better to be over-prepared than under.

Welcome to your whole group!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
29 Jul 2015 17:03 #6 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
I double the Caravan/Drega area. I usually camp with some companions on the roofed platform with a picnic table just to the north of Ostcliff, west of the Caravans, so that is occasionally occupied. The three tents around it however seem to fluctuate with different people each month. Be warned though, we always seem to find a stupidly large amount of ticks and spiders when we break down camp there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
29 Jul 2015 18:22 #7 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
What's the unnamed place to the west of Winterdark? From the map, it seems there is a big clearing, but I don't recall ever being there... unless that's the "caves"?

Also, thanks everybody!

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
29 Jul 2015 18:47 - 29 Jul 2015 18:49 #8 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Small group looking for empty lands to settle...
Totem Pole Hill. It's often used as a mod site. There's a nice slightly wooded area near pendarvin and the monestary that is perfect for tents. As well, there is the area where Clove's Wigwam is.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 18:49 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds