New Player for September Event

30 Aug 2015 22:14 #1 by Mileof Blecher (agladu)
New Player for September Event was created by Mileof Blecher (agladu)
Hello Everyone! I am finally going to be able to make it to Knight Realms for the September Event. I'm not sure how much information I should give about my character, so I'm going to go with the basics. My name is Mileof Blecher, a Kormyrian Smith with a distinct hatred for Goblins and the god Enax. I myself worship Brazen, in case you were wondering. Anything else I believe shall be learned about me in game?

One question I do have before I head up in two weeks, is how accessible is coffee? I definitely need to get my hands on some over the course of the weekend, so it is a matter of is it availible on site, or should I bring my own?

Thank you guys, and I can't wait to participate in Knight Realms!

Sir Mileof Blecher
Knight Commander of the Blood Spirits
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
30 Aug 2015 22:20 #2 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New Player for September Event
The answer to both your coffee questions is "yes."

There's always coffee at the inn, but if you have your own that's even better.

David (Typhon Scyldinga IG) brews a MEAN espresso.

Also, you could have texted me dude.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
31 Aug 2015 01:45 - 31 Aug 2015 01:49 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player for September Event
Hello again!

I remember you from your earlier thread. It's good to hear that you're finally coming to game. Also, it's perfectly fine if you don't want to give any information about your character, at least until he arrives in Travance.

Coffee is available in the kitchen and is a popular, highly sought-after commodity at game. In addition to it being available at the Camp itself, there is a Quick Chek frequented by larpers of all stripes and sizes, roughly 4-5 minutes from Camp. They sell all kinds of varieties of hot coffee there, as well as a couple kinds of iced.

Do feel free to bring your own coffee, though. Here's a relevant part of my friend Kat's post elsewhere on the forum about brewing up a cup on-camp and in-game:

Ketryn Shiverthorn wrote: The coffee at the inn is...well, it's very nice that they make it and I really appreciate it but if you want really ultra high quality brew you'll need to make it yourself. I wouldn't recommend going to the trouble of building a fire in one of the lands' fire pits because it can take a good long time depending on the weather and the potential for being interrupted by an NPC encounter is high. Here's what I've found to work well: Sometimes I carry a little peizoelectric camp stove with an itty bitty fuel tank and make coffee in character with my chemex and a kettle. The other option I sometimes go with is cold brewing in advance and packing it with me if I need to wake up quickly in the morning.

However, if you're okay with asking permission from a land's nobility to use their fire pit and are okay with the work you'll need to put into making the fire and ensuring it's extinguished when you're done, then by all means, do so.

If you have any more questions - even if you think they're silly - post them here.

--Jeff

Last edit: 31 Aug 2015 01:49 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
31 Aug 2015 10:26 #4 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic New Player for September Event
Welcome, I'm matt another one of the new player marshals at the game, if there is anything you need feel free to ask.

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
31 Aug 2015 11:05 #5 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Replied by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn) on topic New Player for September Event
I've been a coffee professional for two years now, so I'm in the same boat as you in needing the beautiful life nectar. My cohorts and I are currently in the process of setting up an in-game coffee shop, so look for the Tanwyns and we will provide sustenance! ;)

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."
Head of the Tanwyn Familia

OOG: Nic White
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mileof Blecher (agladu)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
01 Sep 2015 16:18 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player for September Event

Cael Tanwyn wrote: I've been a coffee professional for two years now, so I'm in the same boat as you in needing the beautiful life nectar. My cohorts and I are currently in the process of setting up an in-game coffee shop, so look for the Tanwyns and we will provide sustenance! ;)

You've... bean a coffee professional?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy (Andy), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Alia D'Font (DatStephy)
01 Sep 2015 16:47 #7 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Replied by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn) on topic New Player for September Event
Come to to KR, where the puns we brew are fresher than the cups of coffee!
(You're incredible Jeff)

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."
Head of the Tanwyn Familia

OOG: Nic White
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Alia D'Font (DatStephy)
01 Sep 2015 20:52 #8 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New Player for September Event
In real life, the only things that are certain are death and taxes.

In Travance, the only certainties are death and puns. And death is a bit iffy.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
01 Sep 2015 21:54 #9 by Alia D'Font (DatStephy)
Replied by Alia D'Font (DatStephy) on topic New Player for September Event

Nalick wrote: You've... bean a coffee professional?

Cael Tanwyn wrote: Come to to KR, where the puns we brew are fresher than the cups of coffee!
(You're incredible Jeff)

I love this place already. I love puns with the passion of a thousand fiery gods. I've made a grown man, above my own age, groan and leave the room from puns. Part of me is more excited to meet you people OOG than IG! Hahaha.

---

"There is no more chaotic a storm than that of the battlefield, and as luck would have it, I am a Stormwalker."

"Stubbornly persist,
and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond
the stubbornness of your limits."

OOG:
Stephanie B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds