New Halfling

• Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
29 Jan 2016 15:06 #1 by Ergos (arieslink)
New Halfling was created by Ergos (arieslink)
Hi guys! I'm planning on coming to the February larp to see experience everything I've ever hoped and dreamed of, but I had a question pertaining to halflings: How does one go about role-playing one? I'd love to give it a shot, so I was hoping somebody could help me out with the matters of appearance and how I should generally be acting toward others. Thanks!

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
29 Jan 2016 15:16 #2 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic New Halfling
Hello Adam, welcome to Knight Realms. Check back here again soon, as I am sure a New Players Marshal will gladly assist you. There is a ton of information here and in the Rule Book.
Jeff Bala should drop a line here soon to help you.
Again, welcome to our Larp Community and thanks for choosing Knight Realms.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Ergos (arieslink)
29 Jan 2016 15:19 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic New Halfling
Rumors aside, Nalick is NOT the world's tallest Halfling....

But yeah, welcome aboard. I look forward to playing with you.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
29 Jan 2016 15:51 #4 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic New Halfling
Thanks for your warm welcomes! I'm super excited to start. In addition to information on halflings, can I also get some clarification on the difference between Temper Armament and Reinforce Armament in the Smithing class? I've been looking through the rulebook and that difference is puzzling me.

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
  • Velius
  • Never walk into a fair fight when walking into an unfair fight is an option.
  • Thank Yous: 76
29 Jan 2016 16:48 #5 by Velius (Velius)
Replied by Velius (Velius) on topic New Halfling

Caldor Eirson wrote: Rumors aside, Nalick is NOT the world's tallest Halfling....

No, Jeff Balla is :cool:

Welcome! The main things you need to remember when playing a halfling are:

Breakfast
Second Breakfast
Elevensies
Luncheon
Afternoon Tea
Dinner
Supper

The clothing style the hobbits in the LotR movies are pretty much akin to what you would expect fro halflings in KR. Practical clothing, suspenders (belts infringe upon a full tummy), jackets and hats. Wizard-enraging antics optional.

"I don't always NPC. But when I do, it's for years at a time."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
29 Jan 2016 16:59 #6 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic New Halfling
Temper prevents breaking from multiple non superior attacks for the entire period. whereas reinforce is a single defense against non superior breaking but lasts until used that same event.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
31 Jan 2016 08:45 - 31 Jan 2016 08:46 #7 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Halfling
Welcome aboard, Adam!

No, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a halfling. All I have in common with them is my appetite.

Now that that's out of the way and seeing what Drew (Velius) posted above, I'll just leave here what the Rulebook says about halflings in general:

Halfling
Halflings are a diminutive folk who try to live quiet, safe lives. Rarely standing more than four feet in height, they usually make a comfortable home for themselves in the foothills of lush valleys. They take great pride in the simple joys; good food, fine wine and a proper pipe filled with sweet tobacco. Known for their lack of footwear, Halflings are endowed with disproportionately large feet that are topped with thick fur. Not being particularly brave, it is a rare Halfling who dares venture beyond his shire. All day long they sit beside their fireplaces with friends and indulge in overeating. Halflings are usually quick-witted and very congenial; they tend to have many true and dear friends. They are good and wholesome people.

Most Halflings are more than happy to live out their lives as farmers or country tradesmen. However, some Halflings wander into human cities, where they can grow to love the excitement and the bustle. These Halflings often wonder how the others back home can live without all that the city has to offer. Regardless of how they earn their living, nearly all Halflings prefer a nice daily routine and a comfy home. Yet there are those unbelievably rare Halflings who find adventure calling to them more enticingly than a warm scone with honeyed butter.

Halflings are a jolly race devoted to having a good, yet safe, time. They will shy away from combat. Halflings get along with just about anyone, though they do have a great fear of the goblinoids; some say it is because goblinoids see Halflings as a delicious lunch.

This is one time when I will advise someone to talk with their mouth full.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to post here. We can't wait to see you at game!

-Jeff

Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 08:46 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds