food

• Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
23 Jun 2016 20:47 #1 by Dustiria (mytho2)
food was created by Dustiria (mytho2)
sorry to be a pest. is there food you can buy on site through out the day or a store nearby?

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
23 Jun 2016 21:06 #2 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic food
Yes and yes.

Quik-Chek has some great stuff, but if you want to save your baronial notes, you can spend gold for sandwiches, too.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
23 Jun 2016 23:37 #3 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic food
Yes. We refer to US$ In-Game as Baronial Notes.

There are a lot of players who sell food throughout the day Saturday and Sunday that accept gold (in-game currency) as payment. Just go to the Inn and ask for some grub!

As an alternative, as Jo said above, Quick Chek right nearby also has a good variety of munchies. If you do bring food to camp, however, please know that it is indeed bear season! Best store your food in the PC-available fridge (LABELLED with your name and player card #) in the Inn kitchen. Note that if you use the fridge, only you are allowed to retrieve items from it, and only your own.

Looking forward to seeing you at camp!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
24 Jun 2016 06:19 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic food
Speaking as a kitchen Marshal, I also want you to know that some food is provided by the kitchens.

Saturday dinner, referred to as feast, is included free of charge.

Friday dinner, Saturday and Sunday breakfast and sometimes Saturday lunch are usually available fromfrom the kitchen for in game gold or 2-4 dollars.

This is in addition to the food available for sale by other players.

Also to clarify on the kitchen fridges, most of the food therethere is for kitchen use only. If you do bring food, make sure it is in the player fridge and labeled with your name.

Jason

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Jun 2016 22:56 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic food
Hi, Marcia!

Don't worry about being a pest--in fact, we'd rather have you be a pest here on the New Player Boards than be caught unawares at an event and not having fun because you don't know the answer to something.

In addition to everything mentioned above, there are also some grocery stores nearby the Camp. There is a Stop & Shop less than 10 minutes away; a Fresh Emporium about 15 minutes away; and a Wal-Mart also about 15 minutes away. Further, there is a McDonald's and a Wendy's just down the street/highway from the Fresh Emporium.

With regard to the Quick Chek, by now they're quite used to us going there in full garb and make-up. Just be sure to leave your weapons in the car. As well, you might hear people in character saying they're going to make "a quick check around town" or going to the "Green Quail Inn" or other euphemism for immersion's sake (rather than saying, "I'm going to Quick Chek.").

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
  • Thank Yous: 47
28 Jun 2016 17:41 #6 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic food

Nalick wrote: Hi, Marcia!
"Green Quail Inn"

This is so awesome.

----
Nick G
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Jun 2016 21:43 #7 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic food
There is usually a hot stew/soup Friday night that costs minimal gold.
Saturday and Sunday breakfast (pancakes with bacon and sausage and omelette with cheese, salsa, Canadian bacon and bacon on a roll or croissant) can be purchased for 3 gold or $3, but why spend real money when you can get it for fake?
Numerous people sell various lunches. Most can be had for 5 gold or less.
Some people sell snacky foods, like turkey drumsticks and other such.

OOG money can be earned easily by putting in some time helping either serve or clean, which is, in my opinion, a better way to both earn gold and meet people than killing monsters, which have been known to kill PCs :ohmy:

If you are seriously famished, the kitchen can usually supply something to carry you over. Ask a marshal or anyone working there.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds