New player mods

• Shinoski
  • Thank Yous: 13
27 Jun 2016 15:26 #1 by Shinoski (Sageoflight)
New player mods was created by Shinoski (Sageoflight)
How often do these go out? Where can you find them, is there a place to meet at? Also, I got bounced around from group to group. While not annoying, it was a learning experience for both my character as well as myself to find out what best suits him, and where he would be most handy.

"maybe someday they'll see a Hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Vincent Wahl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
27 Jun 2016 20:11 #2 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic New player mods
This is something I've been concerned about too, you kind of have to be in the right place at the right time.

Suggestion: Slide to the In-Game tab, scroll down to Groups and Guilds, and join the Adventurer's Guild forum. This In-game group handles most low-season mods, and are the best to contact both IG and OOG regarding this.

Still, new player mods are really hard to find, even if you know when they're happening. Any tips from NPMs?

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Jun 2016 00:40 - 28 Jun 2016 00:40 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player mods
At this past event on Saturday, we had three separate scheduled times for new player mods--midday, early afternoon, and late afternoon. I can't say with absolute certainty exactly when a mod will go off, so I don't want to say something in plumber speak like "Please be home between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and Wednesday." Our main goal is to make sure you have a good time at the game and I think not having you stand around waiting for the hook--the event that sparks an investigation or a person who's gathering people for a quest, etc.--would help ensure that. With lower level mods, we try to find you, rather than the other way around.

Definitely do like Jusden suggested, though, and have your character ask about the Adventurer's Guild. They're housed in the building directly across from the Inn.

Otherwise if you're ever bored, come find me or another Marshal and tell us. We'll do our best to help you out.

If you have any other questions, post away.

-Jeff

Last edit: 28 Jun 2016 00:40 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shinoski (Sageoflight), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Shinoski
01 Jul 2016 09:20 #4 by Shinoski (Sageoflight)
Replied by Shinoski (Sageoflight) on topic New player mods
Im just looking for a good way to get started. I should kniw what to do now once I arrive there. As this was my first event I was rather overwhelmed. I suppose my next question would have to be a certin item and its properties. I was told meteroric lightning costs around five hundred gold. I tried looking it up and couldnt find it.

Vincent Wahl
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
01 Jul 2016 11:18 - 01 Jul 2016 12:05 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player mods
It was definitely overwhelming for me when I first started--and not just because I forgot to bring garb! Thankfully my friend had some spare outfit pieces that he was willing to lend me. How to get started, depends on your character, their goals, their motivations, and their personality. Are they in Travance looking for work, excitement, protection? Start there and see if you can figure out what your character would do in the Proper (Travance) when the Feast rolls around to get started on their objectives. It might help to physically jot down some ideas while you're daydreaming about it. If you get stuck, we'll be here to help.

With regard to the Meteoric Fire, 500 gold is highway robbery, friend. A bar of any meteoric ore should cost around 10 gold. Costs for that and many other things can be found in the Baronial Library (which is in the Proper and available provided your character can read):
www.knightrealms.com/in-game/the-baronia...onomy-in-arawyn.html

Credit for that link--and for the information's upkeep--goes to my good friend Cassie, who plays the Seneschal.

-Jeff

Last edit: 01 Jul 2016 12:05 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage)
  • Shinoski
01 Jul 2016 19:53 #6 by Shinoski (Sageoflight)
Replied by Shinoski (Sageoflight) on topic New player mods
does ten gold pieces mean ten gold? Or ten gold pieces each with the value of ten?

Vincent Wahl
01 Jul 2016 19:59 #7 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New player mods
Ten gold is ten pieces of gold. One hundred silver. One ten-gold piece.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shinoski (Sageoflight)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
02 Jul 2016 07:09 #8 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic New player mods
When we were talking about the meteoric lightning and mithril and i said it would be about 400-500 gold, i was referring to the suit of mithril chainmail at that time. Combined it was going to be almost 500.

Mithril 20g per unit
6 units for upper
6 units for lower
2 for each shoulder
2 for each upper arm

Total 20 units x 20g = 400g plus crafting costs.

Meteoric lightning 10g per unit
One handed edge - 2 Units
2 x10 =20g plus crafting costs.

Between the two you are looking at. About 20-40g in crafting costs, depending on the Smith. So 400+40+20=460. About 500g.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds