New player questions

• Tim King
  • Thank Yous: 1
06 Aug 2016 12:39 #1 by Tim King (Sk8tes)
New player questions was created by Tim King (Sk8tes)
Hail folks!
New to the game, working on a build. I could use some insight.
OOG logistics, What time can we arrive? Can I pay day of? Is there cabin space?
Thanks, looking forward to this weekend!
Tim

Tim King
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Herzog
  • Thank Yous: 7
06 Aug 2016 13:27 #2 by Herzog (Herzog)
Replied by Herzog (Herzog) on topic New player questions
Jumping in on this as I'll be showing up also as a new player, also with another +1 ( (my wife)and we're both gonna be hanging out with Tim :D

Herzog - Daniel Burke
Everything you have heard is true. Especially the false things.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Aug 2016 13:30 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New player questions
Hey Tim!
I'm a Logistics Marshal named Conor!

1: I believe Summer Camp is still going on(though I may be in correct) If it is, 5pm is the time you can arrive. If not, anytime Friday.

2: You pay at Check- In which usually starts at 7ish and hoes until Lay-On at around 10.

3: Sleeping unless you are part of a group that reserves beds is a first come first serve basis.

Hope these answers helped.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim King (Sk8tes)
  • Herzog
  • Thank Yous: 7
06 Aug 2016 20:30 #4 by Herzog (Herzog)
Replied by Herzog (Herzog) on topic New player questions
Followup questions:

Food - is there food in general for purchase with real money or just the Saturday Night feast?

Check Out - wife will need to leave before event closing, can she check out early, or should i check her out later?

Herzog - Daniel Burke
Everything you have heard is true. Especially the false things.
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
06 Aug 2016 21:37 - 07 Aug 2016 03:42 #5 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic New player questions
Hey! I'm Jusden. I'm not a marshal of any kind, but I like to say hello to new players when I can.

Food is available on Saturday Morning, Afternoon, and Sunday Morning, usually sold by player characters (PCs) for in-game (IG) currency--Gold, or Silver Pieces--but some people also accept out-of-game (OOG) money, which we IG refer to as Baronial Notes. For instance, Charlie S., who plays Father Haroldson, usually sells sandwiches, and last event, I had some DIVINE macaroni and cheese and barbecue chicken wings, courtesy of Jason M. and Marie D., who play Caldor Eirson and Aella Eirson, respectively. (I highly recommend both options. ;) ) No guarantee those will be what's being served next week, but just to give you an idea. Just head to the main building, the Dragon's Claw Inn, where lay-on happens, and follow the smell!

I think James, the Director of KR, actually said 5:30PM in general for earliest arrival time while the Summer Camp is still in session, but if that changes, you will get word of it, definitely. There are usually announcements like this made on the forums shortly before the event, and always on the Facebook group, located here: ( www.facebook.com/groups/28680341710/ ). Feel free to request to join, one of us will surely catch your request and welcome you aboard. I expect this be one of the last events, if not the last event, with a limit on earliest arrival time this year, but keep your ears up!

See you in a week! I'll be NPCing this event, so I'm bound to run into you at some point. Best of luck to you, opponent/comrade (depending on the role)! Welcome to Knight Realms.

Edit: Turns out I won't be making it up, but I absolutely look forward to seeing you if you come again!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 03:42 by Mantel (sigma-j).
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
07 Aug 2016 03:18 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player questions

Herzog wrote: Jumping in on this as I'll be showing up also as a new player, also with another +1 ( (my wife)and we're both gonna be hanging out with Tim :D

Well, I hope I get to hang out with all three of you guys!

I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Marshals here. Welcome!

Check Out - wife will need to leave before event closing, can she check out early, or should i check her out later?

Yes. Talk to James when you check in and pay and you should be able to work something out.

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
07 Aug 2016 10:49 - 07 Aug 2016 10:54 #7 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic New player questions

Tim King wrote: Hail folks!
New to the game, working on a build. I could use some insight.
OOG logistics, What time can we arrive? Can I pay day of? Is there cabin space?
Thanks, looking forward to this weekend!
Tim

and

Daniel Burke aka Herzog wrote: Followup questions:

Food - is there food in general for purchase with real money or just the Saturday Night feast?

Hi I'm John, a Safety Marshal and one of the general fonts of knowledge you may run into. :)

To answer all in one spot using some of the previous answers and elaborating on others-

Arrival Time is 1730. That is a inviolate time while Summer Day Camp is in session unless you are one of the handful of Minions doing pre-approved camp work. On NON CAMP months, that time gets far earlier. :)

Paying Day Of is usually done unless you have made arrangements prior and pre-paid (I believe there are a few who do) as the provision is still available. I would decidedly speak with the Director if you are looking to prepay.

Cabin Space is very much as Conor mentions, very first come first serve for the few non-regular spaces in the various cabins. That said, tenting is always a viable option- either in the Camp Tents or in a personal one.

Camp tents are in pretty much all the in-game lands (to include down over by Baronial Manor) and there usually is one or two not used (see Baronial Manor; they tend to be forgotten about) for whatever reasons.

Personal Tents are welcome and if you choose to go that route, I strongly suggest tenting within a land, the semi-wild area next to Ostcliff, or by perhaps by the Baronial Barracks building.... if only for support in case of being jumped by NPCs.
Camping off by yourself is ok too (our group does) but have a plan.

Food is available in the mornings and occasional afternoons for a nominal In Game cost of 3-5 Gold, equivalent value in gems, commodity cards or Baronial Notes (aka Dollar bills). Feast is included as part of the price of game so no worries there.

There are often people who bring food to share or sell- most common time for this is during Saturday Market Faire (11-1400 or so)

Check Out Checking out early is not a great issue- many do so and there are also many Day Trip players. If she needs to leave before noon on Sunday, I strongly suggest she speak with the Director about it, as everyone who stays is supposed to contribute to cleanup of some part of the Camp as assigned by either him, his designate or one of the Landed Lords (usually the former two options).

I hope this all spelled out and answered your questions a bit more completely. As always the Director (or someone designated by he) reserves the right to change my answers if they are wrong. :)

See y'all Friday!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 10:54 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
11 Aug 2016 19:06 #8 by Tiree Ketensag (skatingwithscissors)
Replied by Tiree Ketensag (skatingwithscissors) on topic New player questions
I'm a little late to the thread, but I'm another new player showing up with these guys. Sorry to be doing this all at the last minute, but I think you're going to enjoy the prop and costume stuff we've been working on for this event!
I'll have to contact the appropriate people about leaving early, as I will probably be leaving on Saturday night.
Thanks again for all of your help so far!

OOG: Ann M. Donnelly
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Aug 2016 22:49 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player questions
Hi, Ann!

No apologies necessary and since Dan's showed me some of those things you've been working on, I can totally vouch for them and I'm excited to see them in action!

-Jeff

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds