Joining this Friday, August 12th

• Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
10 Aug 2016 01:05 - 10 Aug 2016 01:06 #1 by Seth (Kurteth)
Joining this Friday, August 12th was created by Seth (Kurteth)
Hey! I'm very excited to finally be joining this LARPing event at Knights Relams! I was Planning on doing it last month but some unexpected work issues had me out of town for a few weeks, but I'm finally here!

This will be my first LARPing experience ever and I'm very excited.

Quick question about NPCing, since it's required, and since I've never LARPed before, I was thinking about taking the first available shift on Saturday before coming back in as my PC to try and get down the gist of what this all is and how it plays out. I'm an actor so I hope I can sort of fudge it and improvise haha.

Anyway, would that be a smart thing to do for a first time LARPer? Jump right into the NPC in the morning to understand it? Or should I go a different route?

Thanks!

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
Last edit: 10 Aug 2016 01:06 by Seth (Kurteth).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
10 Aug 2016 01:29 - 10 Aug 2016 01:31 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Joining this Friday, August 12th
Hey Ben. Not sure I've introduced myself already or not, but just in case my name's Conor. I'm a Logistics Marshal at Knight Realms.

In my experience, I find NPCing as soon as you can is beneficial.

You get to know the camp, get to know the way things work like combat, and try many different things.

I'd suggest even Friday Night if you were up for it. But in the end it's personal preference.

Hope this helped and see you Friday!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 10 Aug 2016 01:31 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Aug 2016 02:44 #3 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Joining this Friday, August 12th
Oh wow I didn't know I could NPC friday night. As soon as the new player training ends I'd be more than happy to jump right in.

And nice to meet you too, Connor. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.

Seth

[hr]

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
10 Aug 2016 07:30 - 10 Aug 2016 07:31 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Joining this Friday, August 12th
The shifts are as follows, you can take any of them, provided they aren't full when you sign in.

Friday
10p(lay on)-2am
2a(Saturday-6a

Saturday
10a-2p
2p-6p
Break for feast 6p-8p(no npcs)
8p-12a
12a(Sunday)-4a

Sunday
9a-1p

Make up heavy races tend to try to get first or last shift so they only need to put make up on once.

Hope this helped.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 10 Aug 2016 07:31 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
10 Aug 2016 12:06 - 10 Aug 2016 15:10 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Joining this Friday, August 12th
Hi, Ben!

I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Marshals here. Welcome aboard! Actually, I'm kinda jealous that you have an acting background. When I was in middle and high school, I stayed backstage and behind the scenes, but now I keep hoping that Knight Realms turns into a musical. But anyway, fudging it and improvising is basically what the game is all about. If you do 'fudge' up, don't worry about it. People who've been playing for years, still make mistakes and they understand.

We are encouraging people to bring something reusable to drink out of, both for keeping yourself hydrated and so that we don't burn through so many disposable cups. A bottle, a mug, a canteen, or something similar would be fine. Speaking of hydration, sometimes just drinking water doesn't cut it. You should be making sure to eat regularly anyway, but sodium helps you hydrate (as counter-intuitive as I know that sounds!).

Thunderstorms are expected for this weekend. Puddles and mud will be all around, so make sure you pack the most important thing--socks! If you think you packed enough of them, you probably haven't. If they get wet, please change them!

If you have more questions, feel free to ask them.

-Jeff

Last edit: 10 Aug 2016 15:10 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
10 Aug 2016 14:52 #6 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic Joining this Friday, August 12th
Hiya!

I recommend to all of my friends to full time NPC at least once before making a character just to learn the mechanics of the game and get an idea of what kind of profession they'd want to play. If you're still on the fence, it's a great way to test out different races and classes before committing to them. However, if you already have a character flushed out, jump in! People are super helpful and if you ever don't understand what's going on, you can always ask to clarify.

See you this weekend!

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Aug 2016 02:24 #7 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Joining this Friday, August 12th
Thanks a lot Connor, maybe I'll take 10pm to 2am then.

Jeff, I'm sure you and I can break into song at some point! And wow I didn't even think of that, I'll be sure to bring plenty of socks.

And Wili, I already have a character that I'm for sure going to play, but I'm definitely going to NPC first to try it out, and get more accustomed.

Thanks a ton you guys, see you Friday.

Seth

[hr]

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds