New player, inquiry on gameplay

• Shagmagic
  • Thank Yous: 0
26 Aug 2016 09:08 #1 by Shagmagic (Rbrtbkly2)
New player, inquiry on gameplay was created by Shagmagic (Rbrtbkly2)
Couple questions from a potential new comer
A: can spells/prayers/songs be cast amidst immediate combat, being able to avoid casting interruptions as long as you successfully block? Or does one have to step away from the action to chant/cast/sing as any combat causes interruption regardless of successful hits?
B: does any priest lose favor with their deity in accordance with their deities tenets or in accordance to rules broken, IG or OOG?
C: are their quests offered that can only be undertaken by certain characters? I.E. bounties only for bounty hunters, cleansing undead only for priest, etc?
D: having read the bulk of the rulebook, I don't understand how many trades a pc can take, thow I do understand they can only take from two types (wearable, consumable, durable, luxury)
E: and finally, are there spells and such not listed in the rulebook? I.E. spells only learned by special events and whatnot?
Thank you

Shaggy Beakley
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Aug 2016 11:31 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player, inquiry on gameplay
Hi, Shaggy!

A:

A caster may invoke or use skills, including blocking
with a weapon or shield, to defend themselves while casting. A character casting verbally must
be able to speak, hear, and must have at least one hand open or with only an instrument for casting in
it, that is free to use for the casting.
Singing: Singing uses the same general rules as Verbal casting, with the additional stipulations noted
under the Bard rules.

You're allowed to defend yourself while speaking the verbals (remembering, of course, to speak them at a conversational volume and not like Eminem). If you block an attack you're fine; if an attack hits you, you're not.

B: If your character is caught violating the tenets of their deity, they may lose favor with that deity. If you break an OOG rule, that will likely be dealt with by a Rules Marshal.

C: Most of the time, quests or mods are offered on a basis of what level you are, but there are occasionally quests or a series of quests solely for certain races, like druids. Since you mentioned bounties and bounty hunters, though, I should mention that we're in the process of adding a bounty system.

D: Judging by the wording, the answer seems to be as many trades as you can afford build-wise, so long as--like you said--you don't pick more than two types. Just to make sure, though, I'll make a post on the Rules/RP board to find out.

E: There are not. However, if you cash in 150,000 Service Points, you are able to have a unique skill or spell not listed in the Rulebook, assuming the Rules team deems it kosher You can also do this with what's called a "Mithril Pledge," which is a one-time donation.

Also, I should mention here that we're encouraging people to bring their own drinking vessel to cut down on the use of paper cups from the kitchen and so you can stay hydrated throughout the weekend. Whether you want to use a mug, flask, cantine, or otherwise is up to you.

If you have any more questions, we'll be here to help.

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Shagmagic (Rbrtbkly2)
  • Daggerfist
  • The power of ale compels me
  • Thank Yous: 29
26 Aug 2016 13:04 #3 by Daggerfist (prawnbait)
Replied by Daggerfist (prawnbait) on topic New player, inquiry on gameplay

Nalick wrote: Hi, Shaggy!

E: There are not. However, if you cash in 150,000 Service Points, you are able to have a unique skill or spell not listed in the Rulebook, assuming the Rules team deems it kosher You can also do this with what's called a "Mithril Pledge," which is a one-time donation.

-Jeff

Hello, just wanted piggyback on this. Is that 150,000 at one time or 150,000 over an extended period?

Salvatore "Razorback" Daggerfist
Vassal of Pendarvin

OOG Greg P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
26 Aug 2016 14:04 #4 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic New player, inquiry on gameplay
It's a single cash in, but the points are accumulated over time

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Daggerfist (prawnbait)
  • Shagmagic
  • Thank Yous: 0
26 Aug 2016 16:17 #5 by Shagmagic (Rbrtbkly2)
Replied by Shagmagic (Rbrtbkly2) on topic New player, inquiry on gameplay
Thank you very very much!

Shaggy Beakley
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds