New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)

• Kiana Wiley
  • There's nothing like looking if you want to find something.
  • Thank Yous: 8
17 Nov 2016 00:19 #1 by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest) was created by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Hi! My name is Kiana and I want to join Knight Realms. My life just doesn't want to cooperate right now so I wont be able to join super soon but I want to have everything (character, costumes, props, supplies, world, race, and game play knowledge) is all ready to go so I can just show up and play. You're going to see my name pop up a lot because I have been scouring the forums and rule books for weeks and haven't found answers to the questions that I have (I'll make sure to post everything where its supposed to go), I'm sorry to be a pest but I want to make sure I know as much as I can before I even think about showing up! I've read not to worry about that kind of thing, that even advanced players don't know EVERYTHING perfectly, but that's just what I have to do to make sure I don't make a fool of myself. I look forward to meeting everyone whenever I can show up, thanks in advance for putting up with me!

OOG: Kiana Wiley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
17 Nov 2016 03:32 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)
Welcome! Just gonna say the obvious first and say not to worry about knowing a whole lot before showing up, because I've been coming to game for around 6 years and I can tell you only a bit about all the shenanigans. That being said I also think all your prep is awesome and I encourage people being awesome. Next you are never being a pest when it comes to asking questions, ask away and you will have the answers you need.

Welcome to Knight Realms, hope you have an awesome time.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
17 Nov 2016 18:25 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)
Hi, Kiana!

I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Marshals here. It's our job to help get you situated in the game, answer any questions you might have, and be a source of encouragement. As Kevin said above, you're not a pest. Asking questions when you don't know the answer, is the best thing you can do!

As for making a fool of yourself, we've all done it in and out of character and we'll be here for you if you do.

If you think I could help with the questions you have, you can post them here, send me a PM here on the forums, or message me on Facebook, and I'll do my best.

Welcome aboard!

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
17 Nov 2016 21:49 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)
Hey Kiana! I'm Onca, another new player marshal like Jeff.

There isn't much to add right now but you are always welcome to message any of us or post here with questions. We look forward to seeing you when you have the opportunity!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
  • Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
18 Nov 2016 17:22 #5 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
Replied by Grumpy (Bookwyrm) on topic New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)
Hello, Kiana. I'm a newbie too, so you're not alone. I've had one NPC weekend so far, but I don't know when my first PC weekend will be because, well . . . winter sucks. :dry: I'm with you on the need for research. I did a lot and I was still confused when I first showed up; but I came into the middle of a lot of confusing stuff that drew on years of gameplay.

Based on what I saw and what I was told, you're on the right track. And you should keep in mind that there are always new player things to do; and should you get confused about anything while at the game -- which will probably happen no matter how much research you do -- just go to Logistics and ask someone to explain something. If they don't know, they'll find someone who does. My biggest mistake was in not doing that right away.

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
18 Nov 2016 18:27 #6 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)
Hi Kiana!

Another new player marshal chiming in to say welcome and to reiterate that you're welcome to ask any questions you might have. We are always around to help, whether at game or online here, so please don't hesitate to reach out.

-Rachael

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
18 Nov 2016 18:33 #7 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic New Player Intro (sorry in advance for being a pest)

Grigori wrote: ; but I came into the middle of a lot of confusing stuff that drew on years of gameplay.

The one great thing about Knight Realms is that the community is so good at helping out people who may not know everything going on. Yes, there is a lot of established gameplay and history and lore, more than most long time players know and it can be very confusing for new players. But storytellers and marshals work hard to make sure plots are inclusive and new, so you don't need to know it all to play. You honestly can know very little going in and still have a lot of fun and get involved.

We also run new player zone every event for new players to have mods that either can introduce them to the world or give them some fun level appropriate mods where they can get used to the gameplay.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds