Hey, I'm New Too! :)

21 Nov 2016 21:20 #1 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
Hey, I'm New Too! :) was created by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
Hey Everyone,

I'm a 15 (or 16?) year LARPer at other games, but brand new to KR, player! I know quite a few veteran players OOG, and we've been trying to get me to an event for years... and it's finally working out!

This year I attended the Awards Banquet in the winter OOG, and this month I was able to attend the Moresca Ball, for which I created my character. She's got a pretty sweet backstory that I'm incredibly exited about, but super nervous for since she's way out of my typical typecast.

It looks like I'll be able to attend the December event as well, and I'm anxious but pumped, to try and discern the mechanics of the game as well as further develop my character.

Hope to meet you all soon!!

- Dara Monasch (OOG)
-- Rathnait "Bear" Eirdottir --

Rathnait "Bear" Eirdottir

OOG: Dara Monasch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Mantel (sigma-j)
21 Nov 2016 22:25 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
Welcome aboard sister!

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
21 Nov 2016 22:44 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
First off, it was nice meeting you at the Ball (and it was! I'm not just trying to be social).

When I started, I definitely was not a veteran larper, so you've got a head and everything else on me. Still, I understand the nerves. Speaking for New Player Marshals like myself, we'll always be here for you if your anxieties get to you, or if anything else does--out of game at least.

If you have any questions about the mechanics or anything else, post them here or feel free to send a message.

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
22 Nov 2016 16:47 #4 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
Hi again!

I know we met on FB but figured I'd say hi here too. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
25 Nov 2016 22:06 #5 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
It was nice meeting you at the ball! I was the blue one that you spoke to a few times that evening lol. We should definitely talk trade at the December event :D I'm also a New Player Marshal and happy to answer any questions :3

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
28 Nov 2016 22:47 - 28 Nov 2016 22:52 #6 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
Replied by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
@Nalick

It was a pleasure meeting you too!

I'm sure I'll definitely be reaching out to you New Player Marshals just as much as any other new player, all LARPing systems are unique, and awkward LARPer Dara is hella awkward. Hahaha.

Are there any mechanics specific threads that you recommend reading up on before my first "full" event this weekend so I can be prepared-ish?

- Dara

Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 22:52 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara). Reason: Small addition
28 Nov 2016 22:52 #7 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
Yes! Thank you for all of your help already!

Rook wrote: Hi again!

I know we met on FB but figured I'd say hi here too. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

28 Nov 2016 22:53 #8 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
I loved meeting you at the ball! Thanks for chatting in person and for being so welcoming here as well. :)

Let's definitely sync up this weekend too!!! :D

Kestrel wrote: It was nice meeting you at the ball! I was the blue one that you spoke to a few times that evening lol. We should definitely talk trade at the December event :D I'm also a New Player Marshal and happy to answer any questions :3

28 Nov 2016 22:55 #9 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
DARA I LOVE YOU <3 :D

I mean... who are you? I've never met you before. Eeew new ;p

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
28 Nov 2016 23:00 #10 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
Ewww you're weird and smell funny! <3

Thalia Burdorn wrote: DARA I LOVE YOU <3 :D

I mean... who are you? I've never met you before. Eeew new ;p

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 Nov 2016 23:19 - 29 Nov 2016 11:15 #11 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)

Dara Monasch wrote: I'm sure I'll definitely be reaching out to you New Player Marshals just as much as any other new player, all LARPing systems are unique, and awkward LARPer Dara is hella awkward. Hahaha.

Hey, I know a thing or two about being hella awkward. You should've seen me when I started back in 2013--actually, no, nobody should've. Hehe!

Are there any mechanics specific threads that you recommend reading up on before my first "full" event this weekend so I can be prepared-ish?

- Dara

I would recommend poking around the Baronial Library, which is in the Proper and if your character can read, you're all set to put your nose in those books! Especially this one, concerning Travance in general and its five lands:
www.knightrealms.com/in-game/the-baronia...ony-of-travance.html

There are many other pieces in the Library that volunteers took much time and care putting together, so if you'd like to take a look around, be our guest:
www.knightrealms.com/in-game/the-baronial-library.html

Be sure to study up on how the economy in Travance works/doesn't!
www.knightrealms.com/in-game/the-baronia...onomy-in-arawyn.html

Since Yule is approaching, information on the holidays could prove important as well!
www.knightrealms.com/in-game/the-baronia...idays-of-arawyn.html

If you have any specific questions about game mechanics that you need answered, feel free to post them here or message any of the New Player Marshals who've responded either here on the Forums or on Facebook if you have them added.

Otherwise, there are a few general things to keep in mind:

1. "Be excellent to each other."
- Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan

2. Have fun.

3. It's okay to be hella awkward.

4. If you don't know, ask. This doubles for moments of "Oh man, what does this skill do?" in which case you should say "Clarify" with your fist on your head; and also for when you want to do physical roleplay with someone, but you're not sure if they're comfortable with someone touching them. Once again, put your fist on your head and ask if they're okay with physical roleplay and act accordingly once they answer.

5. We're here for ya. This may be redundant, but that should help you remember. If you're ever confused about what to do, where something is, how something works, if you're uncomfortable for whatever reason, find any kind of Marshal or staff member and let us know--especially if you're hurt. We have Safety Marshals for a reason.

-Jeff

Last edit: 29 Nov 2016 11:15 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
29 Nov 2016 08:31 #12 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Hey, I'm New Too! :)
Dara! I know we've met a few times, it was a pleasure to meet you at the banquet and even more of a pleasure to see you playing at the ball with us. I'm thrilled to hear you're coming to this event, and even though I'm not a new player marshall, I'm relatively easy to spot and would be happy to help if you need anything.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
05 Dec 2016 00:32 #13 by Rathnait Eirdottir (dokidara)
I didn't see this until now, but it was great to see you at all 3 of my KR events so far. I look forward to more. :) <3

Clytie Corentin wrote: Dara! I know we've met a few times, it was a pleasure to meet you at the banquet and even more of a pleasure to see you playing at the ball with us. I'm thrilled to hear you're coming to this event, and even though I'm not a new player marshall, I'm relatively easy to spot and would be happy to help if you need anything.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds