Wanna Earn Build and Service Points...?

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
30 Aug 2017 22:39 - 30 Aug 2017 22:43 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Wanna Earn Build and Service Points...? was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Ordinarily, up at Camp Sac there are a good amount of projects that need people working on them. With the very first Sparta Renn Faire coming up in two weeks, there are exponentially more! What this means, is that James needs as many volunteers as he can, to come up to Camp during the day on weekdays to help out. In return, along with gratitude, you'll be rewarded Build and Service Points for your hard work--in addition to improving the Camp not just for the Renn Faire, but for KR events into the future.

Make sure you're part of the Knight Realms group on Facebook to be alerted to important announcements from staff, and posts from James himself on days when he could really use your help:
www.facebook.com/groups/28680341710/

Thank you in advance!

-Jeff

Last edit: 30 Aug 2017 22:43 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
01 Sep 2017 05:35 #2 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
Replied by Grumpy (Bookwyrm) on topic Wanna Earn Build and Service Points...?
We should have a pinned "Easy ways to get service points" post here in the New Player board. I was giving some tips to people this last event. A big one right now would be bottles. Lots of empty wine bottles!

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Sep 2017 10:42 - 01 Sep 2017 11:06 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Wanna Earn Build and Service Points...?

Grumpy wrote: We should have a pinned "Easy ways to get service points" post here in the New Player board.

A pinned post would be preferable.

I was giving some tips to people this last event. A big one right now would be bottles. Lots of empty wine bottles!

They do occasionally break...

Before you donate wine bottles, though, make sure they don't have labels on them. Also, message ahead to see if they're necessary (message me either here or on Facebook and I'll poke around to see).

While we're at it, let's add other things people can donate for Service Points. These are from the Rulebook:
www.knightrealms.com/resources/downloads...e-rulebook/file.html

Spell Packets (500 SP for 100 Tied Packets, 1,000 SP for 100 sewn packets)
• Headbands (White and Blue, Yellow and Red)
• Tiki-Torch Fuel
• Powdered Drink Mixes
• Boffer claws (Small Weapon and 1-Handed sizes, in pairs)
• Inexpensive, generic latex weapons for NPC use
• Glow Sticks (Bulk quantities of the larger kinds, for lighting up areas at night)

This is the Announcements forum, where at some point close to an event, the lead Storyteller will make a thread asking for things specifically needed for that event. In addition, sometimes general donations are requested there as well:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/Announcements.html

Logistics almost always needs pens (they tend to disappear) and index cards for writing out monster templates.

Last edit: 01 Sep 2017 11:06 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
02 Sep 2017 00:00 #4 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Wanna Earn Build and Service Points...?
ATTEND NEW PLAYER TRAINING! Jeff, as resident NPM (New Player Marshal) would you mind elaborating on timing and rewards for attending new player training before an event?

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Sep 2017 11:33 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Wanna Earn Build and Service Points...?

Mantel wrote: ATTEND NEW PLAYER TRAINING! Jeff, as resident NPM (New Player Marshal) would you mind elaborating on timing and rewards for attending new player training before an event?

Training is supposed to be at 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. More often than not, it happens at 9:00 p.m. and runs for almost an hour. We are in the process of simplifying the session.

We reward attendees with 400 Service Points, which is just enough to match your first set of Event Build.

Provided you earn enough Service Points, the build you get attending events is matched--free build!

The first nine events are the most important for earning Service Points:

4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, and then 1 forever and ever, amen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds