Innocent wee bab intro

21 Feb 2018 20:31 #1 by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
Innocent wee bab intro was created by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
Hello! I am Juniper, and I am doing the Introducing Myself thing. I'm entirely new to LARP but have been adjacent and curious for many years. Events in my life have only now coalesced to allow me to pursue such curiosities more freely than before. I am hoping to attend the April game to start.

I am very interested in the storytelling and role-play aspects of the game; maybe I will find some slumbering embers of passion for combat but I am not sure, and quite frankly my indifference to the actual process of hitting nerds with sticks and also being a nerd to be hit with sticks has been one of the things that has caused my delay in trying it out (I am far more interested in intrigue than swords). I anticipate NPC-ing for my first weekend and playing a character by May. I am dutifully reading through All the Things, including the new rulebook.

I will be arriving clutching the coattails of some more veteran members, so I believe I will have seasoned guidance and appropriate and good-natured hazing. I am an experienced outdoorsperson, renaissance festival camper, and costumer. I am excited to see what this LARP thing is all about. Any stray advice is very welcome!

In health,
Juniper

Saoirse Darragh

OOG: Juniper Oliphant
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
21 Feb 2018 21:17 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Innocent wee bab intro
Hi, I'm Kevin. So best advice I can give to you about this game is that coffee will be your friend. A lot of things happen very late at night and even the early morning so coffee will in fact be your best friend to keep awake during most of the event.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
21 Feb 2018 21:32 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Innocent wee bab intro
Hi, Juniper!

Welcome to Knight Realms. I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Reps. We're all going to be confused together at the April event, so you picked a great month to start.

NPCing should get your toes wet in the nerd-hitting department. If after that, intrigue is still more your speed, there are plenty of profession choices that will be able to suit you and I'll be able to help craft your character when you decide to make one.

Stray advice:

1. Before you come to PC, check out this board:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/character-ties-and-connections.html

You're coming in with veteran players, but garnering more connections for your character, will help you from an OOG standpoint and not feel so much like a stranger, as well as giving your character people to interact with, work for, or debate philosophy.

2. Kevin is right, but also remember to drink water regularly so you get all the good pep from that cuppa without the dehydration.

3. Your first couple events (and the rest too, because why not?), focus more on the creativity and role-play side of things than what's on your card. More getting into the character's mindset and acting out their personality than limiting yourself by some words on a page.

4. Snack. It's easier to hydrate when you have something to eat.

Hope this helps!

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashley-Lynn Chrzaszcz (RavynAeronwen), Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
23 Feb 2018 07:29 #4 by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera)
Replied by Saoirse Darragh (chaoschimera) on topic Innocent wee bab intro
Thank you! The connections board will be very helpful to me in getting to know folks on my own.

I've been hearing of the rules change for a few months, so it does seem like a great time to wade in. Better to be confused alongside everyone else than be the odd one out :)

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Saoirse Darragh

OOG: Juniper Oliphant
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
23 Feb 2018 23:23 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Innocent wee bab intro
Even if you are the odd one out, we'll be forgiving.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds