New Player Character Card Amendments

05 Aug 2018 19:33 #1 by Caoimhe(Keeva) (tori.pringle62)
New Player Character Card Amendments was created by Caoimhe(Keeva) (tori.pringle62)
Hi!
I made my character quite recently, this coming August will be my fourth event. I started during Week in the Life this year. I want to make some changes to my character card with regards to skills and etc because I am still getting the hang of how I most enjoy playing the game and what skills are necessary for meeting those ends. How do I modify my character card?
Additionally, how exactly does the in-game skill learning mechanism work? I know how to be taught skills and put them on my character card during events, but how do I know how much build I have at my disposal for an event? This seems to be somewhat in flux as of late. Additionally, am I then allowed to use that skill during the event that I learned it in? If not, how do I make up for lost time from the past events where I did not understand how this functioned and thus did not learn almost any new skills? At the beginning when you are just covering the fundamentals, this seems to be pretty crucial, and I currently have 28 unused build to account for, not including the build I get at the August event.

How should I proceed?

IG: Caoimhe (Keeva)
OOG: Tori Pringle
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Aug 2018 12:34 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player Character Card Amendments
Hi!

Since we're still in the midst of play-testing and rules updates, rewrite restrictions are more fluid than they have been in the past. Modifying your character card is done by filling out this form and utilizing the unofficial Card Builder created by Nick Hertia:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZcBkw...L8go479-RGA/viewform

If you need any help with that, let me know and I'll help guide you through it.

Your unspent build total--the amount you have at your disposal for an event--is in the top left of your printed character sheet. Any skills learned will not be usable until the next event.

What I would suggest, is if there are any skills you intended on learning in previous months, include them on your rewrite and find teachers to help you hone your newfound abilities. Then you'll have the role-play of learning the skill and the skill itself.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Caoimhe(Keeva) (tori.pringle62)
06 Aug 2018 14:32 #3 by Caoimhe(Keeva) (tori.pringle62)
Replied by Caoimhe(Keeva) (tori.pringle62) on topic New Player Character Card Amendments
Thank you!
I was intending on finding teachers for the role play, I agree that that is a good way to do things.
I will submit a character revision then :)

IG: Caoimhe (Keeva)
OOG: Tori Pringle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Aug 2018 23:33 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player Character Card Amendments
I have a distinct feeling that I missed a question or two. If I did, or if you have any more of them, feel free to let me know!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Caoimhe(Keeva) (tori.pringle62)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds