New Player from PA

04 Apr 2019 16:54 #1 by Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw)
New Player from PA was created by Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw)
Hello! I’m Sam, I’m new to larp and excited to try it out! I found out about you guys from your booth at PAX Unplugged this past year and I’m planning to join for the upcoming April game.

I have some role playing experience (from tabletop gaming) and I’m also a costumer so larp seems like a great fit.

As for character creation, I was thinking of being a Quinarian Healer and if anyone has tips/advice (especially about playing healers) I’d love to hear!
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
04 Apr 2019 19:40 #2 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic New Player from PA
Hi Sam! We may have met at PAX, I was one of the folks working the booth. I'm so excited that you're coming for the April game! I play a Quinarian healer (and am an avid costumer, and in PA, so hi!) so I'd love to chat about suggestions/tips/advice or what you're thinking about doing! You can feel free to PM me or find me on Facebook. Also, if you haven't joined the Facebook groups & pages for the game, I highly recommend it:

www.facebook.com/groups/28680341710/ Official Group
www.facebook.com/groups/138448936725062/ Official Costuming Page

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw)
04 Apr 2019 20:00 #3 by Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw)
Replied by Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw) on topic New Player from PA
That's fabulous, I'd absolutely love to talk- thank you!
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Apr 2019 20:12 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player from PA
Hi, Sam!

Thanks for joining us and welcome to Knight Realms!

I'm Jeff, one of your New Player Representatives. The main part of that is to ensure you're able to hit the ground running. Your tabletop experience will for sure come in handy.

One piece of advice that I can give, is that it's okay not to fully understand everything your first go-around. We have new player training roughly an hour before the event will begin and explain all sorts of game mechanics. It can be overwhelming and you'll likely forget most of it the second the Director calls, "Lay-on!" That's perfectly fine.

You'll learn by playing, and we'll be right there if you need us.

Feel free to message me with any questions you might have, either here or on Facebook.

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw)
04 Apr 2019 20:26 #5 by Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw)
Replied by Sylviel Hillthorn (Salmonthaw) on topic New Player from PA
Hi Jeff! I'll try to keep that in mind and I'll definitely let you know if I have any questions. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds