New Player with some questions

• Brock
  • Thank Yous: 0
07 Jul 2008 03:44 #1 by Brock (Brock)
New Player with some questions was created by Brock (Brock)
Hi gang, I'm brand new to Knight Realms and planning on trying the event later this month...I had some rules questions.

1) With shield if you buy L can you automatically use a M as well or must it be purchased separately?

2) How is your preferred measurement of a coffin shaped shield? Wrap string around the diameter to measure?

3) I am going to be an Orc, I see that I get brawling for free (I think). Are "fist" weapons the same size as a longsword but distinguished by being fleshy colored, and as an orc does that mean I make a green one? :)

4) I own Chainmail that is microchain links. It is actually stuff that was sold to butchers and bodyguards as protection from knife wounds. Would this count as professional grade or costume grade?

I guess that's it for now. Thanks in advance, I'm pretty excited about trying it out!!

Brock
(OOG: Dave)
07 Jul 2008 07:07 #2 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic New Player with some questions
Welcome to Knight Realms! I look forward to meeting you later this month. I can answer a few of your questions:

1. No. The Large Shield skill will allow you to only use Large Shields. You would have to buy seperate skills for medium and small shields. However, there is a skill called Shield Mastery on the Warrior list, this skill will allow you to use all types of shields.

2. We would measure diameter for a round shield only. For a coffin shield we would measure its width and height. Max shield sizes are listed here: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...3&Itemid=109#Shields

3. Almost, they would be small weapon sized, not longsword sized. But they would be fleshy colored, so green for a goblinoid would be best.

4. Professional vs Costume Grade is determined on a case by case basis, so I can't really say until you bring it to your 1st event.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
07 Jul 2008 08:27 - 07 Jul 2008 10:44 #3 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic New Player with some questions
As Rob said all armor is on a case by case basis but any microchain armor I have seen has counted as professional when it comes to smaller aspects of armor such as gloves. I personally have never seen a microchain vest or hauberk so I could not really comment on that type of clothing.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
Last edit: 07 Jul 2008 10:44 by .
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
07 Jul 2008 09:52 #4 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic New Player with some questions
Welcome to the game!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Brock
07 Jul 2008 14:30 #5 by Brock (Brock)
Replied by Brock (Brock) on topic New Player with some questions
Thanks! Very helpful responses!!
Looking forward to it. :)

Brock
  • Brock
15 Jul 2008 01:06 - 15 Jul 2008 01:21 #6 by Brock (Brock)
Replied by Brock (Brock) on topic New Player with some questions
Is it preferred to email staff the stats we've chosen before game to make check-in easier or does it not matter?

Also it states that Orcs follow Uelrog, but I can't find him on the list of gods in the religion section. Any clarification here?

Brock
Last edit: 15 Jul 2008 01:21 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
15 Jul 2008 07:55 #7 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic New Player with some questions
1) Usually characters are made at the events, unless Sam (who does the cards) indicates otherwise.

2) Uelrog isn't a god, but rather a beast from the game worlds history. Most of his info you will find in the history of the old world. He was basically a monstrous ogre/giant who ravaged the world, with an army of crazed goblins and chaos creatures that fanatically worshiped him. They are responsible for committing genocide on the gnomes. His death is tied in with the historic creation of the Rift. It can be reasoned that his followers might hold the belief that someday he will pull himself up out of it and continue what he started.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Brent
  • Here and there and back again
16 Jul 2008 00:41 #8 by Brent (Brent)
Replied by Brent (Brent) on topic New Player with some questions
wtb history of the world

Nick Scott.

Yea, maybe.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds