Documentary?

• Bamfer
  • Thank Yous: 0
27 Jan 2008 21:37 #1 by Bamfer (Bamfer)
Documentary? was created by Bamfer (Bamfer)
Hello All!
I sent an email back in September to James (I think thats who it was) about Knight Realms, and never got a response. I figured I would post it here, see if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I saw your ad in Weird NJ back in September. I have always had an interest in Live Action Role Playing, but never knew about groups in the NJ area. I was quite surprised when I looked at your website and saw how comprehensive it is. Im amazed at what you guys do, and I'm happy to see you've been doing it for almost 10 years.
Anyway, my name is Jeff Heimbuch, and I'm a 24 year old film maker. I'm in the process of finishing my degree at William Paterson University (I literally need one class, and they dont offer it online until next semester, so I'm stuck, haha)
Anyway, like I said, the Live Action Role playing has always amazed me. I've always wanted to study it more, and learn about the people who do it.
I was wondering if you guys would be open to the idea of a documentary about your organization? It's definitely a fascinating subject, and I don't think there have been any documentaries about LARPing before (actually, that's a lie. I think there was one, but I think the production of it died).
Anyway, let me know if you guys would be open to this idea.
Even if not, get back to me anyway. I would curious to know more about it for my own sake, and, quite possibly, join in on your events!
Thanks!

- Jeff Heimbuch
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
27 Jan 2008 23:26 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Documentary?
There is one actually currently in production that has been at KR and taking film for a few months now... It has not been released, but it close to being so, if I remember correctly.

You're always welcome out to an event to see what it's all about - that is probably your best way to look at things before you begin shooting any film, because that way you will know what to look for, what to avoid, and how best to document without disrupting the game during game play.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
28 Jan 2008 10:53 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Documentary?
Hi Jeff,

Actually the thing that is going on now is not a Knight Realms documentary, its a gaming documentary in general where the person has also talked to some Knight Realms people and attended some events.

I am interested in sitting down at some point and at the very least talking about the possibility. However January is almost over and February will be the busiest month for me in many years. Sometime in March I may be able to get together to talk. If you get a chance to attend an event I may be able to talk for a little while as well.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Bamfer
28 Jan 2008 19:39 #4 by Bamfer (Bamfer)
Replied by Bamfer (Bamfer) on topic Documentary?
Hi guys,

Schaller - Thanks for the information! Do you happen to know the name of the production company?

Gallion - Interesting. I'll have to do better research next time! I'll admit, I did a passing glance search on Google, but nothing too in depth.
But yes, if you're interested, I would like to sit down and talk to you about it. Maybe when you're not too busy in March we can get together and speak? I won't be able to attend in February, but maybe I can in March.

Regardless, let me know! I'd love to chat.

- Jeff Heimbuch
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
29 Jan 2008 01:44 #5 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Documentary?
umm if you want to talk to the person who did the last documentry she is my profesors wife... i can prolly talk to him and see what i can do... if you would like

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
29 Jan 2008 02:57 #6 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Documentary?
There was also a documentary on another "larp" called Darkon, which premiered at Sundance a few years ago as well as on the IFC channel.

The reason I put Darkon's "larp" in quotes is that their game and system is drastically different than ours.  Almost another genre and theme to it.

Just an FYI... KR is very different than Darkon and us having a documentary film crew would be cool, in my opinion.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Bamfer
01 Feb 2008 18:42 #7 by Bamfer (Bamfer)
Replied by Bamfer (Bamfer) on topic Documentary?
Hippy - Do they have a website for the film / production company?

Bladesworn - I think I hard of that one before. Im going to look it up now

- Jeff Heimbuch
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
02 Feb 2008 04:30 #8 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Documentary?
not sure

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds