Legend of the Seeker - new TV show

• Amizar
  • Thank Yous: 47
31 Oct 2008 13:39 #1 by Amizar (Amizar)
Legend of the Seeker - new TV show was created by Amizar (Amizar)
Premiers this weekend!

Based on the Terry Goodkind's fantasy Sword of Truth book series, the new TV series "Legend of the Seeker" starts in a few days!  See: www.legendoftheseeker.com/ for the full details.  Check Your Local Listings for the time and channel near you.

The first book is Wizard's First Rule. In a strange coincidence, I just finished this book (in audio) a few weeks back!  Suzi and I were listening to it as we drove up to Hickory Run in early October, and it enhanced my KR role playing for the weekend.  The characters, lands, technology, lore, monsters, heroes and villains are 95% right out of Knight Realms!  Wizards, magic swords, evil dudes who jump in and out of the underworld, and even a "barrier" (which is a bit like the rift in Arawyn) fill this story.

The book was excellent.  I hope that the TV show has the same great writing.  Certainly the major characters have been transferred from book to TV.  I'd love to hear your comments after the show airs.

Sorry we can't attend the Ball.  Hope everyone has a great time.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
31 Oct 2008 13:52 #2 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Legend of the Seeker - new TV show
I like this author, I'd be more excited about the show if it wasn't made by Lifetime. :P

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
31 Oct 2008 14:51 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Legend of the Seeker - new TV show
I loved the first book.  The second was pretty good, but then I saw a running theme occur through the rest that made me lose interest fast.

Still... should make for good news as items based off fantasy tv shows generally get reproduced by other shoppes and such.  Expect a line of tv show replicas on sale soon and therefore more stuff for your characters to wear, buy, and such.  ;)

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds