CNN Hologram and other graphics

• Amizar
  • Thank Yous: 47
04 Nov 2008 19:23 - 07 Nov 2008 13:36 #1 by Amizar (Amizar)
CNN Hologram and other graphics was created by Amizar (Amizar)
--no politics inside--

As a computer graphics junkie, I'm very excited about the TV graphics unveiled tonight.  So far:
  • NBC virtual graphs rise out of the floor in front of Ann Curry
  • CNN deputes a total Princess Leah [strike]hologram[/strike] tomogram*.  Live, w/ 35 HD cameras in a tent, the newswoman in Chicago shows up on stage with Wolf Blitzer.  Very slick.

Since it's hard to see every trick on every station, I invite other KR viewers to share their cool graphics findings tonight.  Thanks!

* Tomograms capture an image in 3D and then project an illusion of three dimensions. The technical feat was that CNN's tomogram was processed in real-time.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
Last edit: 07 Nov 2008 13:36 by .
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
05 Nov 2008 14:02 #2 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic CNN Hologram and other graphics
The hologram was cool, but Wolf Blitzer was a complete toolbag for actually telling viewers that the reporter wasn't there in the studio.

Like, no shit Wolf, we thought everyone at CNN was surrounded by a holy, white nimbus...

Matt White
06 Nov 2008 17:20 #3 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic CNN Hologram and other graphics
the podium that Chuck Todd stood at as he calculated the votes, the stage was completely computer generated. i though it looked great.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds