Bad LARPers

• Jenn
  • Thank Yous: 35
16 Nov 2009 22:52 #1 by Jenn (JennF)
Bad LARPers was created by Jenn (JennF)
Just saw this on TV and had a good laugh.

L. Rosette Luminita Catalina Tanir
(Kitchen Marshal)

Jenn F
"If I can survived that...then I can survive this..."
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
17 Nov 2009 09:53 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Bad LARPers
Fake with a capital 'script.'

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
17 Nov 2009 12:12 #3 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Bad LARPers
I think I remember seeing this before and it's a re-enactment of an actual repo they did. Which is why it's so horrible because they are using a script and really don't know what's going on with original people.

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
  • Thank Yous: 1
17 Nov 2009 18:02 #4 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic Bad LARPers
Holy Sh@t, its like after a tornado they find the dumbest guy to talk too......all I can do is shake my head.

These guys deal with guns and crowbars but they paused when dealing with these.....Mason Larpers.....sigh

I hate them for making the "normal" larpers look dumber.

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

OOG: Jeff Mclean
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
17 Nov 2009 18:12 #5 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Bad LARPers
I don't think the repo guy is scripted, but the larpers are 100%. Sorry, the dumbest larper out there would not stay in character if his ride was being repo'd, and they all are obviously following a loose direction given to them in advance. No one even comments about the camera, or even looks at the crew. And the 'real' weapons were planted for drama. Rare is it that larpers would have them, certainly not in the car at an event. Also the site was remote in the extreme. I don't think 4 larpers get together in the deep woods and fight eachother. If just a practice, more likely it would be in a park or camping site, but the setting was poorly thought out. The larpers you can tell weren't even actualy larpers. Feigning surprise when a pickup truck drives up on them, lol, c'mon. And how did our repo guys even find them? Its not like it was a campsite, it was a backwoods trail at best and more likely it was on the producer's property.

The repo guy though I think was just sent into a situation and had zero idea what the kids were doing. I bet the show is built that way, they set up a situation and see how the repo guys react. That's the 'reality' part. Some of these shows are done...well 'ok' is a compliment...but most are just awful. Scary that people actually make a living making such crappy entertainment. I should have stayed in the business..sigh.

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds