Frustrations in relation to bodices.

• FleaAdelaide
  • Behind every damsel is a fire-breathing dragon.
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Feb 2010 19:55 #1 by FleaAdelaide (FleaAdelaide)
Frustrations in relation to bodices. was created by FleaAdelaide (FleaAdelaide)
I am losing my mind trying to find a decent, fairly inexpensive bodice that will actually fit me.
I'm trying to find something with this general shape, only in brown:
www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/om/o...y-bodice-t-shirt.jpg
Boning isn't necessarily important with me, I'm just trying to find something flattering in a plus size, around 26/28.

If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Auburn Blessing

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become."  ~Buddha
08 Feb 2010 21:15 #2 by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme)
Replied by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme) on topic Frustrations in relation to bodices.

OOG: Grace Borum
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
08 Feb 2010 21:25 #3 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Frustrations in relation to bodices.

www.moresca.com/product_info.php?products_id=166

at the very end it says This item is currently unavailable

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Feb 2010 21:33 #4 by
try esty, but even cheap bodices are not cheap and they're usually a get what you pay for type of thing.
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
08 Feb 2010 22:20 #5 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Frustrations in relation to bodices.
Its true, and unless you get something commissioned to your exact measurements, there is a high chance ordering things blind online will end up a waste of money since you can't try it on ahead of time, and ebay and etsy sellers don't typically take returns if it doesn't fit.  This is of course if you want a bodice with any kind of real boning (I cannot tell the type from the pic you provided).  But, if it doesn't have boning, its more like a vest and the sizing will be more forgiving and you can find it cheap.  Most cheap real bodices though have cheap plastic boning which can break or bend easily, especially if you have any kind of curve to your form.  End all is best bet is to wait till you can afford one with real steel boning and can commission your size exactly from a seller if you have trouble finding a good fit, or wait till spring/summer ren faires to try things on.

Damsel in this Dress might have something like what your looking for, and she has an etsy site that at times lists things for custom sizing if you don't want to directly commission something, and prices range from 65-400 dollars, depending on the corset/bodice.  ( www.damseldress.com )

Moresca has a website (see above) and has open houses in the spring and summer, and is at a couple renfaires.  Returns with them is also relatively painless if you want to order early, and while they are more costly, I and many others can attest to their quality and ability to hold up to years of wear and tear - also they fit all sizes. 

Good luck!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
09 Feb 2010 09:15 #6 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic Frustrations in relation to bodices.
csdesigns makes those simple felt bodices you see at the Renaissance Fair. They're $75, and left loose they can accomodate up to a fairly large size. The only thing is, I think they changed the way/material they're manufactured... my new green one doesn't seem to be holding up as well as my old red one -- even though they've raised their prices.

www.csdesignsonline.com/

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • FleaAdelaide
  • Behind every damsel is a fire-breathing dragon.
11 Feb 2010 08:01 #7 by FleaAdelaide (FleaAdelaide)
Replied by FleaAdelaide (FleaAdelaide) on topic Frustrations in relation to bodices.
Thanks for all the advice. Hopefully I'll be able to find something more suitable.

Auburn Blessing

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become."  ~Buddha
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds