Project Premonition

24 Feb 2010 15:15 #1 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Project Premonition was created by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Hey I am doing a project for my class "A Skeptical View of the Paranormal". My project is on the phenomenon known as premonitions. If you believe you have seen the future through a paranormal means or a means as of yet unexplained please email your experience to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. While I am trying to disprove events such as this please do not intentionaly lie about your precognative abilities (or lack there of) thank you.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
24 Feb 2010 16:00 #2 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic Project Premonition
Now when you say preminitions, it's more than just those instinctual feelings that tell you to do or not to do something right.

Aka instinctual "gut feeling" i'm feeling lucky i'm gonna buy a lottery ticket and win.
Premonition, i should put $100 on 20 black on this roulette wheel at 9:54 PM on a tuesday afternoon.

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
24 Feb 2010 23:20 #3 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Project Premonition
Exactly while the gambling example might not be the best as I seldom buy lottery tickets when I think I will lose.

Premonitions are generally specific (specific ones are also preferrable as vague ones can be made to fit a situation)

"That Gut Feeling" or intuition is often attributed to knowledge and/or training being accessed before you realize your own reasoning. Example: an avid horror fan is able to tell the order of death in a given horror movie without thinking because of his/her knowledge of horror movie cliches (example within an example: if you get naked in a horror movie you will die)

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds