Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?

• Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
27 Mar 2008 16:04 #1 by Quin (Quin)
The new Speed Racer previews look so....shiny and kinda awesome.
This movie looks far cooler than it has any right to be....
www.themoviebox.net/movies/2008/STUVWXYZ...ed-Racer/trailer.php

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
27 Mar 2008 19:04 #2 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
Replied by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
Yes, it is very very sad

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Mar 2008 21:15 #3 by
I will actually go to the theatre to watch this. It does look spiffy. Personal view is no it isn't sad to want to see this. But since I feel this way I expect the societal norm to be different.
27 Mar 2008 22:03 #4 by Wou Tou Shen (Wou Tou Shen)
Replied by Wou Tou Shen (Wou Tou Shen) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
prepair to be dissapointed.. i weep for tomorrows youth

Wou-Tou Shen

Be one in mind and body.

I am the stone that stands firm atop the largest mountain in Pendarvin, the strongest winds, nor the harshest rains will not move me.
(oog derrick)
27 Mar 2008 23:28 #5 by Blackscream (Blackscream)
Replied by Blackscream (Blackscream) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
I mean it could go either way really. I don't think it will end up being incredibly awesome, but overall it shouldn't turn out to be really bad either. The original Speed Racer was cheesy and this also looks cheesy so cheesy + cheesy= good enough.

IG: Yorick
(Name is a work in progress)
OOG: Zackary Merritt
Formerly:
Chrophir Vallanx (retired)
Demien Tarnasus (retired)
28 Mar 2008 08:39 #6 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?

I mean it could go either way really. I don't think it will end up being incredibly awesome, but overall it shouldn't turn out to be really bad either. The original Speed Racer was cheesy and this also looks cheesy so cheesy + cheesy= good enough.

I think you need to check your math there. I'm relatively certain that cheesy + cheesy = lame.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Evadne
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Im a Druid
  • Thank Yous: 1
28 Mar 2008 10:52 #7 by Evadne (Evadne)
Replied by Evadne (Evadne) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
All I'm sayings is in the preview Speed Racer ninja kicks a ninja in the face.

Jackie GIBS
Safety Deputy
RP Marshal
Monster Marshal
Rules Marshal
  • Janus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Mar 2008 11:30 #8 by Janus (Janus)
Replied by Janus (Janus) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
It won't be as good as Doomsday

Janus Ivillious
Court Sorcerer of Winterdark

Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.

Mike Dennis

RP Marshal
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
  • Thank Yous: 47
28 Mar 2008 14:35 #9 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?

prepair to be dissapointed.. i weep for tomorrows youth

Sadly, I couldn't agree more...

----
Nick G
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
29 Mar 2008 16:25 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
Very, Very, Sad.  And I like you Emily, so its doubly sad.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
30 Mar 2008 12:01 #11 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
Emily,

I'm with you... then again, I liked the mario brothers movie.

-OOG Michael Smith
30 Mar 2008 17:00 #12 by Lord Devirr (Eliston)
Replied by Lord Devirr (Eliston) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
im with you em...this movie looks A+

tommy
pc- lex, elaith, eliston
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
31 Mar 2008 03:13 #13 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
i remember watching speed racer reruns when i was really little, loved the show... movie... I'm gonna see it ... I'm not gonna have my hopes up, but i wont be prepared for disappointment ... well just have to see

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • MoxieFTW
  • woot.
31 Mar 2008 03:25 #14 by MoxieFTW (MoxieFTW)
Replied by MoxieFTW (MoxieFTW) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?

Emily,

I liked it too. O.O

The preview looks promising but I dunno how it will translate on the screen yet..

Fallon Star is having a boy, Nov 8th. :)
  • Chris
03 Apr 2008 10:27 #15 by Chris (Chris)
Replied by Chris (Chris) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
Em, I agree, I have a friend that is actually working on some of the CG Animation for it and he secretly sent me a  little a long time ago to make me jealous and it worked...And to all the Nah Sayers of course it is going to be cheesy it is a live action movie based on a Japanese cartoon from the 60's...the only nothing that could have more cheese would be that cartoon that spawned Voltron...I can't remember the title but it had five Japanese teenagers in this awesome X-men style ship...if anyone remembers the name of this cartoon out of my early youth I would be grateful

The Mario Bros movie...I am still laughing at this statement! But while I have not seen Hitman yet has there ever been a good movie based on a video game? But thanks to Chris Gage I am still waiting for this one

youtube.com/watch?v=fWL6j0SvqV0

OOG: Chris Arnold
03 Apr 2008 10:40 #16 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
Replied by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
Resident Evil was good

Hitman was exactly what one expected it to be, and she is so fucking hot

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
03 Apr 2008 11:01 #17 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?
The Tomb Raider movies and Resident Evil are probably the most successful movies based on a video game franchise.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
03 Apr 2008 12:38 #18 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Is it sad that I'm very excited about this movie?

the only nothing that could have more cheese would be that cartoon that spawned Voltron...I can't remember the title but it had five Japanese teenagers in this awesome X-men style ship...if anyone remembers the name of this cartoon out of my early youth I would be grateful

Let's see... the Voltron made up of the 5 lions was called "Go Lion" in Japan (translation: Go=5 and Lion=Lion... so the show was 5 Lions).  I'm not sure if Voltron was in the same robot family as Raideen, Grandizer, Mazinger, etc... it's been a while and I'm not as brushed up on my anime trivia knowledge as I used to be.

If any old anime series is going to get turned into a movie, it should have been Robotech (aka Macross).  Look at what happened to Transformers.  The level of SFX (aka CGI) has gotten to the point that it's now possible and feasible to make that series comes to the big screen.

As for video games... there has been some Final Fantasy CGI movies made.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds