Sprint coverage in rural areas?

• Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
03 Nov 2010 14:57 #1 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Sprint coverage in rural areas? was created by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
I know a lot of people here live in semi-rural areas, so I was wondering if anyone who does uses Sprint and can tell me how their service is? I'm close to convincing my family to switch over from Verizon, but I've heard Sprint is kinda spotty when you leave the highways and my mom does a lot of traveling through the middle of nowhere...

***Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't turn this into a provider debate... I've been doing all my research, yes I know that Verizon has the best coverage and Sprint has bad customer service...

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
03 Nov 2010 16:52 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Sprint coverage in rural areas?
Sprint was horrible three years ago.  We could not get any service in the state of Vermont, including its capital.  When driving  to Canada I would take back roads, rts 6 and 11 IIRC, from Binghamton to near the crossing.  No reception.  They are so bad that when I canceled they did not even attempt to make me pay the "early" charge once I explained the reasons.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
03 Nov 2010 17:24 #3 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic Sprint coverage in rural areas?
My sister and mother switched from Sprint to Verizon due to a lack of coverage in Maine, New hampshire and Vermont

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Nov 2010 18:39 #4 by
Replied by on topic Sprint coverage in rural areas?
Sprint's service has gotten a lot better. My work phone is sprint and i have service at hickory run as other middle of nowhere spots like the state of west Virginia. I have verzion and i cant wait to get rid of them, there billing is horrible and I never have service.  Which I don't get b.c I live in newark.
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
03 Nov 2010 23:56 #5 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic Sprint coverage in rural areas?
As far as Sprint's current coverage is concerned, they are equal to if not better than Verizon. As both providors are CDMA phones, Sprint worked out a deal a few years back with Verizon that Sprint's customers roam for free off of Verizon towers anywhere that Sprint's signal is weak. But, Verizon does not reciprocate that, so if you lose signal with Verizon you are S.O.L.

I've had Sprint for about 6 years now and worked at Radio Shack selling Sprint and AT&T for 3 years, never had any issues with Sprint coverage compared to Verizon. If nothing else their family plans are cheaper, nights start at 7 pm automatically as opposed to 9 pm on Verizon, you can pay $10 extra a month to get 6 pm nights... The list goes on...

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
04 Nov 2010 13:07 #6 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Sprint coverage in rural areas?
My coworkers at Red Cross in NYC had issues with Sprint in our building on the first through third floors of a 4 story building.

Also friends of mine in the New Brunswick Area have had issues with the services as well.

Unless it has gotten better in the past year  or so I would not recommend it.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds