Stumped on what to give your fellow bacon-lover for the holidays?

• Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
10 Dec 2010 09:43 #1 by Misaki (cbodnar)

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Be better than you were the day before.
  • Thank Yous: 172
10 Dec 2010 14:30 #2 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic Stumped on what to give your fellow bacon-lover for the holidays?
Please note that The Baconmancer of Travance is not going to invest in baconaise.  If you want it, please bring it for your own enjoyment.  I only sell different flavors of bacon at each event I can afford it, and give in game reasons when I am not able to do so.  I hope that bacon alone can sate the hunger of Travancian bellies until I can actually make sure that I can make it a given that I will be at every event, and save for festivals and other non-full-weekend events, I will have enough bacon to sell through out said weekend.

by that point I should have things squared away in game for the bacon hut to be set up, so Travance shall always have their fix as long as I keep coming to the game.  (In game, I have already started looking for people who would be willing to work for Oren in the venture of the bacon hut!)

I digress.  I endorse this product.

Captain Oren Zero Tenderson of the Royal Baronial Guard of Travance.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • Secarius
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Cinis et Cinis Pulvis Et Pulvis
  • Thank Yous: 1
11 Dec 2010 04:22 #3 by Secarius (Secarius)
Will the Baconmancer have rainbow colored bacon?

ALex S.
player of Brax the Barbarian
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
11 Dec 2010 10:52 #4 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Replied by Oren Tenderson (Tormy) on topic Stumped on what to give your fellow bacon-lover for the holidays?
I can not find the proper food dyes that would be needed, and looking at the ones out of my price range would just be a failure to realize how far I can go with this right now.

Maybe one day, but honestly, if people want different colored bacon in the mean time, they will have to get a hold of me at least a day in advance, and have the proper food dyes for it.

I hate the fact that normal food dye just wont cut it...

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
21 Dec 2010 09:57 #5 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Stumped on what to give your fellow bacon-lover for the holidays?
Alas, I have not had your bacon

Do you have the recipe for 'Candied" bacon 

And have you done the Brown sugar/cinnamon/bacon the Ogres did in June?

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • Oren Tenderson
  • Banned
  • Banned
21 Dec 2010 10:39 #6 by Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
Last time I had bacon in for selling, I had five kinds.  Smoked, applewood smoked, maple, turkey, and original.  I could add more to the list as time comes, but right now I am already spending more on bacon and OJ for each event than the cost to get in.  I have thought about adding a glaze as a possibility to add flavor, but the right one to be able to be added to the five flavors already brought is being difficult.  and the cost of it would be more than I could do regularly.

I enjoyed hearing about your brown sugar and cinnamon bacon on the burgers the ogres made in june, but didn't get to try any.  I have simply been supplying the main verities as I can.  Canadian bacon may be up in the options later, but for right now, I think I will stick to my four slabs of each of the other flavors right now.

OOG- William Bartlett
Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Dec 2010 21:58 #7 by geezer (geezer)
Canadian bacon is ham.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
21 Dec 2010 22:15 #8 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Stumped on what to give your fellow bacon-lover for the holidays?

Canadian bacon is ham.

False.  While they are both pork, they come from two different parts of the animal. 

Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
22 Dec 2010 09:14 #9 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Stumped on what to give your fellow bacon-lover for the holidays?
Canadian Bacon otherwise known as "Back Bacon" comes from the smaller end, posterior end of the pork loin 

That being said it tastes great

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

01 Jan 2011 09:41 #10 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
lordsofbacon.com/2010/11/how-to-make-candied-bacon.html

This is different than what the Ale Belly Ogres did last summer
Absolutely scrpumtious

Ded Dawg O'Doul

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds