The Saxon Files, my new radio show

16 Jul 2011 13:25 #1 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
The Saxon Files, my new radio show was created by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
I know I'm not around as much as everyone but I thought I'd let everyone know of something that I've been working on that shall begin next month. As you may or may not remember I go to UH. Well some students there that have been working for two years and finally gotten off the ground UH's own student run radio called COOG Radio.

To save costs, etc the radio station will be aired over the internet. And since we are a college radio station and non-profit (plus online) have no worries of the FCC and can also play anything without worrying about any legal wranglings. So long story short (too late) I am having a show on COOG Radio.

Now I share this with everyone here because it's going to contain music people here listen to. The show is called The Saxon Files and I will be playing what I refer to as GND, geek nerd dork. This covers pirates, ren faire, wizard rock, parody, nerdcore, etc. So I'll be playing bands ranging from The Pirates Charles, Warp 11, The Pyrates Royale, The Parselmouths, Clann An Drumma, Chameleon Circuit, Marian Call, etc etc etc.

Here is the bad news when it comes to game, as of right now the show will be Fridays from 5pm-7pm. Then again someone could always bring their laptop and set it up to playing during setup. The following are the links to the FB page and twitter pages I have set up for the show. This will be the best way to request songs during the show. I will also be having an overnight show that is pre-recorded of movie scores but that's a discussion for another day.

twitter.com/TheSaxonFiles
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Saxon-Files/218809501494914

PS-Yes, I am now bugging people about this on Facebook AND the boards. It's what I do lol

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
  • Tom
  • Thank Yous: 15
16 Jul 2011 14:12 #2 by Tom (Tomatsu)
Replied by Tom (Tomatsu) on topic The Saxon Files, my new radio show
Good luck Clint, I hope your radio show goes well.
-

Oog-Tom Polanski
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
16 Jul 2011 14:36 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic The Saxon Files, my new radio show
MacBook Pro + AT&T AirCard = Setup Music.  Done deal!

Do you know if it'll stream to an iPhone?

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
16 Jul 2011 18:06 #4 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
Replied by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko) on topic The Saxon Files, my new radio show
I've been told (after a suggestion I made) that the IT crew IS working on making it an app like Pandora that people can put on their phone. So it is more than likely that at some point, yes, it will be.

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
15 Aug 2011 12:29 #5 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
Replied by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko) on topic The Saxon Files, my new radio show
UPDATE TIME

So we've been delayed and delayed and delayed all August long. Apparently someone at school has been dragging their feet and the Producers finally got to talk to the administration this morning and got it worked out. So I believe we are going live this weekend/next Monday, but our software to play mp3s has not arrived and won't for a few weeks. So until then we have to do it "old school" and use CDs.

What this means.

Any requests you need to make before Fridays so it is on the CD. We're doing pre-made set lists until we finally get this software issue resolved. Luckily I foresaw this and have been ready to go for over a week now. This first show is going to present the various styles of music that I will be playing. In the future what is requested is what will be played...hint hint you want more ren faire music request more ren faire music lol. Thanks for your time everyone

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
26 Aug 2011 23:33 #6 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
As of 8am on August 29th @coogradio is LIVE! So get ready to join us next Friday night at 5pm for the first airing of The Saxon Files!

You can listen to the show at www.coogradio.com/

Now then we are still waiting for the hard drives and what not to be installed so the set lists this first week and probably the second week will be CD based and predetermined. Once we're running off the computer then I'll be able to take requests during the show. The best place for this is the twitter account

twitter.com/#!/TheSaxonFiles

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
21 Jan 2012 11:21 #7 by WayaMilenko (WayaMilenko)
Quick update. With the change of semester the show has been moved to Sunday nights from Friday nights. The time is the same time just a different day of the week. Remember to send all requests to the twitter page.

Waya Milenko

(OOG-Clint)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds