Camp Sac Tents

26 Sep 2011 07:30 #1 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Camp Sac Tents was created by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Not sure where to ask this question

I know it will take a lot of work to take down all the tents.  Will there be any Camp Sac tents up for Nov event??

So that also leads to " When and What type of indoor sleeping will be available for winter activities?

I know there has been some considerable building construction going on at Sac

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
26 Sep 2011 08:08 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Camp Sac Tents
Im not sure if the tents will still be up in Nov. We will be aiming to have them down around that time. The possibility may exist that I try to leave a few up near the inn to experiment. Aside from that by the time the tents come down, we should have created a minimum of 40+ new sleeping spots more than we had last winter. Those spots are in new cabins. We are going to attempt to further winterize those cabins, but even as they are now, a portable propane heater will sufficiently heat them in the winter.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
26 Sep 2011 14:31 #3 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Camp Sac Tents
Thanks James
I for one would be a willing volunteer for tent camping . Only problem I would see is get the corners and seams, edges as closed up as possible  There are plenty of good oversizedSleepingbags out there. Besides like you said  the smaller propane heaters would help a lot

The two I have are 10k btu and are catalytic  But still one would have to be very careful in a tent. not quite sure if a catalytic heater would set off a heat detector

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

• Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
26 Sep 2011 14:42 #4 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Camp Sac Tents
I know when the tents first went up this season a few people slept in one with a propane heater. It was freezing out at night but they were perfectly happy with their set up.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Moirya
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 35
26 Sep 2011 14:53 #5 by Moirya (Moirya)
Replied by Moirya (Moirya) on topic Camp Sac Tents
I'm seconding Kelly. The tents aren't ideal for colder camping but it's certainly possible. I also used a propane heater to some success.

Prin mainile mele,
Moirya Arkanian
Squire to Sir Magnus Von-Ritter
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

OOG : Sam Dio
Logistics Marshal / New Player Marshal
26 Sep 2011 20:17 #6 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Camp Sac Tents
My Vote (if there is a vote) would be to leave a few up unless the snow load expectation would be too great 

I know there are some who would welcome the winter solitude and can handle the cold.  But those are pretty large canvases to support very much snow

But again I think worth the experiment for Nov and maybe Dec

Ded Dawg O'Doul

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds