A plea

11 Nov 2011 23:06 - 11 Nov 2011 23:48 #1 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
A plea was created by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Hey guys.

In August, I travel from Perth to Milan in Italy for the European 18q conference. It revolves around the disability that Suzi, Kathryn and I all face each and every day. Unfortunately, it does cost quite a bit to travel to the USA, and therein lies my problem.

I have recently been informed by the fremantle city council that my attempt to recieve funding for a LARP has been curtailed, and my attempts also to get legal advice about injuries etc has been problematic. Essentially the last word is that I may have to shut down my attempts to create a viable LARP organisation in Western Australia.

Thus I have started fundraising for a second trip to the USA in August. The approximate amount of money I need to raise is just over 1500 dollars Australian, thankfully, because I am already in Italy.  

I apologise if this thread contravenes any forum rules in advance. However, I am feeling very despondant about this. Thankfully the dates for August are already up (HURRAH) and I can actually decently plan.

EDIT
Fundraising will be for a plane trip to come over and game essentially. I will update with costs covered as well.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Last edit: 11 Nov 2011 23:48 by .
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
11 Nov 2011 23:21 #2 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic A plea
Hi Martin,

I'm sorry if I misread, what are you trying to fundraise the money for? Is it to come back to the US to game again?

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
11 Nov 2011 23:47 #3 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic A plea
:-[ Oops forgot to put that in. It is indeed to come back over to game again.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Amizar
  • Thank Yous: 47
11 Nov 2011 23:53 #4 by Amizar (Amizar)
Replied by Amizar (Amizar) on topic A plea

I'm sorry if I misread, what are you trying to fundraise the money for? Is it to come back to the US to game again?

Yes.  Martin is now fully addicted to Knight Realms, but lives in Perth.  It is a testament to the quality of this game.  If he can raise $1,500, then the can return to Travance for August 1212.

Now that's what I call dedication!

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
12 Nov 2011 00:00 #5 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic A plea
That's a lot of money to play a game.  Dedication would be spending $1,500, using other people's money?  Not so much.  Sorry man, I'm sure you're a swell guy, and I'm glad you like the game but I dunno if you've heard about the economic problems the US is having right now.

Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
12 Nov 2011 00:18 - 12 Nov 2011 00:38 #6 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Indeed I have, I do know that the whole WORLD is going through an economic crisis....but with living on under 30K dollars a year and not being able to get sponsorship for my own LARP, not to mention the distinct lack of such activities over here....

Just gets me angry at the airlines and the government.

EDIT
Sorry Sean, I essentially live on a pittance. I do realise it is a lot of money for one game. But over here, I simply cannot find anything even remotely resembling KR. The only regular place near me is a reinactment society which focuses on metal swordfighting and the group I trained with prior to KR dissolved just before I came over.

Essentially, if I were to try and start a group, it'd be from scratch, and thats just simply not possible anymore in my situation. I am also fundraising over here seperately to make funds and I am saving cash.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Last edit: 12 Nov 2011 00:38 by .
13 Nov 2011 01:02 #7 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
An update, and a good one at that. If I do get funding for the homeward flights, I will be able to definately travel to Knight Realms next year.

It will cost roughly $700 dollars for me to travel from Rome to Philadephia and back to rome. However, thanks to a lucky thing, I may have $700 dollars by August.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
13 Nov 2011 01:08 #8 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic A plea
Martin,
Was the small group you found near you happen to be these guys?

Also, how is parts of NZ for you to get to or reach?  Or do you not like kiwis?

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
13 Nov 2011 02:35 - 13 Nov 2011 02:40 #9 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Yep, Did Larpwa. Tried to recontact and failed. Plus they are PVP and strict reinactment, No real fantasy and no real rp, The guys there are cool, but their envisionment of LARP is quite different in a bad way  Not even sure what the concensus is with that. With the NZ Larps, I hesitate to push into that because most of it is in fact reinactment or LOTR based, plus security there is quite tight, and accomodation is iffy as well.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Last edit: 13 Nov 2011 02:40 by .
  • nyle
  • Thank Yous: 0
13 Nov 2011 08:54 #10 by nyle (nyle)
Replied by nyle (nyle) on topic A plea
wow man your a true dedicated guy makes me feel lucky that i only live like forty minutes away from KR. i hope you can make it!

Nyle McLaughlin Vassal of Pendarvin

OOG curt pantuso
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds