Ever realise just how insane distance can be?

19 Dec 2011 09:02 #1 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Ever realise just how insane distance can be? was created by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
From Perth Western Australia, to Philadephia is  11600.5 miles.

From Earth to Moon is 356400 miles.
So, to get to the moon I need to fly just 30 times to Philadephia OR 15 round trips, and that's as the crow flies (straight there). If I counted the trip to get there, it's more like 12 times.

The earths diameter (or how fat the earth is at the uppermost size) is   12 756.2 kilometres. So every time I cover the distance to philadephia, I cover more distance than the earth is wide.

You think I complain when I only get to come to KR at most once a year or once every two years?

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
20 Dec 2011 17:29 #2 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Ever realise just how insane distance can be?
Mrrtin
  You certainly have me beat. I drive 840 one way so that's 1680 miles round trip  And I complain because I only make two or three trips to KR per year.  My hat is off to you  Don't give up 

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • nyle
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Dec 2011 23:43 #3 by nyle (nyle)
Replied by nyle (nyle) on topic Ever realise just how insane distance can be?
wow reading this really makes me feel fortunate in living were i do. It only takes like an hour and a half drive to get there for me. 

Nyle McLaughlin Vassal of Pendarvin

OOG curt pantuso
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds